Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Ultimate Sledding - Break This Record

So one summer a few friends and me invented this sport. Basically I say "It would be awesome if we attached a sled to the back of my car and drove around with someone on it." Everybody laughs. I suggest that my friend who will do anything for a laugh b e the first one. He says no. I repeat my request. Still says no. One more time, his willpwoer gives in and we have ourselves a sport.

Now keep in mind this is the middle of the summer, so there is no snow or ice. We start out in his driveway going real slow. By the end of the first night we have all done it, and the world record is 30 MPH.

A few weeks go by, we do it a couple more times in the driveway. Eventually we go back to school and people start hearing about it. It becomes a town phenomenon with tons of people doing it all the time. By the time we finally quit (becuase it had gotten too big, and becuase we had been threatened with cops being calle d by neighbors) the world speed record was up to >60 MPH and over at least a half mile stretch. I sitll have scars on my body today from this.

Over this summer we had a revival planned, to break the record by going 70+ on a local highway ramp. Unfortunately the even never came to fruition becuase the ramp collapsed a few days before the event.

Can anyone break this record? I would lvoe to see it done.