Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 12:46 PM

Default 10 Table NL 2000 on Party to reduce variance

Currently my game of choice is to 10 table the NL 2000 on Party. I have been doing quite well over the last 2 months but recently have taken a nasty hit over the last 3 days. Not a hit in the sense that I got crushed or anything, but I just dont like losing ever and it is disconcerting.

The main reason I 10 table (sometimes 13 table with FTP included) is because it reduces variance. Obviously playing this many games my style tends to be TAG but sometimes I can see that my opponents might view me Weak Tight because of my low V$PIP %. I think this image might give players a reason to try and raise me off hands more and bluff more often cause they think I will let go of my hand.

Normally I would welcome this action as I am entering the pot with premium hands but recently I have been getting nothing for cards and getting killed by getting pushed off hands cause I am just in there attempting to steal blinds or with AK and not hitting pairs.

Basically the point of this post is to get some feedback from some other high NL players who multitable. Just curious if you are playing as many tables as me if you are also playing a TAG style or is it possible to play LAG while playing this many tables? Do some of you think playing this many tables enacts the law of diminishing returns and therefore I should reduce the number of tables? What do you think is the optimal # of tables to play?

Perhaps I am just questioning myself after the Five 3 outers taht I lost my stack to in the past 3 days.

-Jumpman
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: 10 Table NL 2000 on Party to reduce variance

Play 20 tables.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the intelligent response.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the intelligent response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask a stupid question and....
Old 11-08-2005, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Play 20 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:57 PM

Looks like I struck a nerve with the usual posters. Not sure why the repsonses. Only guess is that maybe it stems from jealousy, perhaps multitabling up to 13 tables is not a skill you have yet. Maybe one day you too can play at all my tables. I just dont recommend it.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like I struck a nerve with the usual posters. Not sure why the repsonses. Only guess is that maybe it stems from jealousy, perhaps multitabling up to 13 tables is not a skill you have yet. Maybe one day you too can play at all my tables. I just dont recommend it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL!!!! Watch out KKF, Diablo, Strassa, etc.

Edit: or you could move up and focus on fewer tables, play better and make more.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really, really love this messageboard.

Good luck BRO!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:59 PM

I play 4. I tried 8 for a bit, but I wasn't able to get proper reads and make moves; just straightforward boring poker. I play 6-max if it makes a difference (probably does).
Old 11-08-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea ...when i think of all the things i want to be doing in the future .... 13-tabling 10/20 is #1 on the list