Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 05:15 PM

Default How many lines does a book offer

While writing some software today to track lines from online books I noticed that the numbers I was getting back from my program were different then the numbers I was seeing in my browser. Ok, I figure the book is shooting me a different line. Thats fine, I can work around that in my software to get the line they are offering me.

But it started me wondering how many lines a book might offer. Do they have a square line and a sharp line or is todays online book even more advanced and offering lines that are configured a little differently for each of its bettors.

I am creating software to retrieve and track lines during the course of a week across books. If I wanted to create a web page that was useful to many people I would have to take into account all of these different lines and it would make the whole thing untenable. If there is just a sharp line and a square line I can take care of it pretty easily.

If your saying to yourself, hey, there are already sites out there that track lines in different books. Your right, I'm just a geek with time on his hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]