Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Burnt Out

I was feeling a little burnt out of poker yestreday, particuarly the 1/2 limit i've been playing and consistently loosing at for whatever reason. I was playing online for almost 4 hours (longest session i've ever had), and was down about $20. I was about to stop playing, when I noticed there were two VERY juicing tables running (on Paradise Poker). They were something like $17 avg pot, 40% players per flop, ect. I sat at both, determined to find which would be a better game. They both looked good so I ended up two-tabling. Things started going my way (or at least not against me) and I made about $30, putting me up $10 on the day. THEN, after a couple rounds of cold cards, I get AK, flop an ace, turn a king, and end up losing with TopTwoPair to AA. That upset me a LOT. About 5 hands later on my other table, I get AKs. Again I flop an ace. And river another. After basically capping the river (I'm on tilt, yes) he turns over A10 for a boat.

So I started cursing at both tables, couldn't believe that happened to me. Anyways, I'm wondering what I should do now?

I've got about $900 (profits) from online poker play. Should I just cash it out and buy something? Problem is I can't think of anything I want to buy, and if I did I could use other money saved up to purchase it. Should I just stop playing for a while? Or maybe move up to 2/4, where playing actually sounds like fun.

Your thoughts?
Old 12-21-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Burnt Out

how about taking a couple days off from poker
Old 12-21-2005, 02:29 PM

Take a break. The answer will come to you.

(Hint: 2/4 isn't going to be any easier than 1/2, especially when you're underrolled and on a downswing.)
Old 12-21-2005, 02:32 PM

You must be a reasonably good player if you have made some money from playing.

I would try not to worry about bad beats, because you should know that you are always going to get some.

I would just take a break from playing for a short while. It sounds like you could do with a rest.

And if buying yourself a reward helps to make you feel better, I would go ahead. However, I hope you dont blow all of your bankroll ! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

move up to 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]
and breathe
Old 12-21-2005, 02:44 PM

You should learn the difference between a bad beat and just having the second best hand. If you go on tilt everytime you lose a hand to a better hand I don't see how you managed to make the money you did. If it is just now starting to be a problem then you should get out while you are ahead. If you think the only way it will be fun is to move up levels then you should just probably stop playing online.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:27 PM

Never said bad beat. It just sucked.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:00 PM

A) Switch it up and do some 15BB Challenges, play some NL25, or play some Sit n Go Tournies

B) Take a break
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 PM

what's a 15BB challenge?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe move up to 2/4, where playing actually sounds like fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure what this means. your AK can get beat at 2/4 also. I wouldn't suggest moving up just b/c you have been having a bad run at 1/2. Take a break and come back when you feel good.