Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Call All-In With QQ?

Ok so here was the situation. Me and about 7 other friends began a small tournament. $5 entry with blinds starting at just .10/.20. Eventually it got down to me and another guy with blinds at .30/.60.

I get QQ. I am at big blind so I raise $1. Opponent calls calls and re-raises $2 more dollars. I call his re-raise and re-raise him $3 more dollars. He calls.

Flops comes out J,9,7. No 2 suites alike. He checks, I bet $2. He goes All-In. I call. The turn and river were T,A I believe. He flops over pocket JJ, a set!

Should I have called his all-in? I played tight the entire time considering these guys are very loose and play with rubish hands to the river.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Call All-In With QQ?

You might get more responses if you posted this in the small stakes no-limit forum. You should also make sure you include stack sizes in any no-limit post that includes the possibility of an all-in. Finally, don't include results with your post as that will only bias your replies.

As for advice... what's with all the min-raising pre-flop? You raise one, he raises one... at this point you should really think about pushing (or at least raising something like $3). As for the flop, it's hard to fold an overpair like that without more specific reads.