Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Re: JTo in the CO.

Given the size of the pot and how my hand is squeezed between the likely holdings, I think folding the flop is just right.

- Jim
Old 12-22-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: JTo in the CO.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think folding the flop is an option. We're against two aggressive players and we have top pair and a flush draw. We have way too much to just be folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much to fold? we have a vulnerable top pair with a mediocre kicker. Vulnerable in the the sense that an A, K or Q on the turn or river could beat this hand. Further you could easily be outkicked no? That is if you are not drawing dead to a set or made flush. If you are regularly calling the two bets on the flop in a small unraised pot with this mediocre hand on such a scary board you will be losing quite a bit. I don't say this to chastise you, but this is a clear fold. OP saw the error in his ways. He knew that something was not right. Good for him. He got out of line, realized it and corrected the problem.

The idea that OP has a flush draw is obsurd. Yes he has a draw to the ten. big deal. this is not worth drawing against a set or a higher flush. Rarely will you see this flop action unless someone has a made flush, a set or a draw to the nuts.

Further, your claim that we have too much is just ridiculously overboard: OP his holding like the 60th nut hand (geez maybe worse) with no redraw to anywhere near the nuts. While you can narrow the list down, just the suited A, K, Q hands combined with the split pair J hands with a higher kicker make our hand very weak.