Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: What do you think of Eurobet?

i'm playing 5/10 and 10/20 5max, the 5max games are appauling at these limits, mainly because i'm forced to play in all 4 of them running with 3 other tags waiting for a fish to sit down. It's horrid honestly.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:35 AM

you are forgetting that it's usually OTHER players that are paying for the rake-back that YOU are earning (since you are involved in fewer hands than them).

in other words: If I'm playing on site A with no deal at all then I would make more with 20% rake-back than I would if they just reduced the rake by 20% across the board.

For a tight-ag player rakeback >> reduced-rake.

If your play is on the weak-tightish side this would likely be even more pronounced (if you're 16/8 instead of 21/14).

Regarding the Euro bonus....I'm not sure the original poster realizes that Euro is a skin of poker-room now.
I really dislike the software there.

That said, I may actually go about trying to clear it anyway.
Haven't checked...is there an expiration date for it?
Old 12-09-2005, 08:01 AM

3mths bob, the games are really really terrible though to be honest, i see your point about the rake and I realised it, but the loss in winrate is not enough imo to compensate. I'm just clearing it because i'm a glutton for pain. And yes the software is horrrrrible, I play 4 tables and almost always seem to come to close to freezing up and time out atleast 3-5 times every 2hrs.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:59 AM

Seems like with poker room and its skins you either love it or hate it. I generally play 3/6 and 5/10 FR LHE and occasionaly 2/4 if I can't find good games. Table selection is key. I've been playing 3/6 and 5/10 lately and the games have been almost as soft as the Party microlimits. But you do have to watch out for when the LAGs bust out and get replaced by decent players. Maybe my experiences at Stars have only been when the tables were full of bonus chasing TAGs but they were a LOT tougher at 2/4 and 3/6 (the quality of the average player seemed a lot higher). High rake and all my win rate has always been much higher at PR and skins.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Wheres the misunderstanding here? The rake at 3/6 SH is like 5bb/100. At party its around 3bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you are playing full ring, and you are a tight player, you are probably getting 80-120% of your rake back via bonus. The bonus clears proportionally to rake collected (but not contributed rake), so you can't write it off just because of a high rake schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right I was talking about SH tho. I cant speak for FR as I havent played it.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:28 PM

The $600 bonus obviously clears super fast at the 5/10 mand above. The idea that these games are rock gardens is completely inaccurate. if you can't beat the 5/10 game at euro (assuming you are not running bad) you should clearly be playing a lower limit. Even the tight players make some of the most idiotic flop calls. In general, the level of competition is rather weak. Plenty of lags to help inflate your winrate too. I would not do this bonus if I was playing 2/4 or lower though. The rake is killer at these levels and the bonus take way too long to clear.
Yes this software is terrible for multitabling. I usually play 3 tables, but if I play four I generally get timed out every once in a while.
It is noce to be able to use pt and pahud, but other than that this is close to the worst software i have used. A close second to the original version of Noble Poker.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:42 PM

Well,
I personally like the software, and so far in december playing NL 400 up to NL 1K I've cleared 5,100 points on the site. The software takes a bit to get used to but once you do it's easy, I regularly multitable on it and have found no problems. The numbers are small yes, but you get used to it.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $600 bonus obviously clears super fast at the 5/10 mand above. The idea that these games are rock gardens is completely inaccurate. if you can't beat the 5/10 game at euro (assuming you are not running bad) you should clearly be playing a lower limit. Even the tight players make some of the most idiotic flop calls. In general, the level of competition is rather weak. Plenty of lags to help inflate your winrate too. I would not do this bonus if I was playing 2/4 or lower though. The rake is killer at these levels and the bonus take way too long to clear.
Yes this software is terrible for multitabling. I usually play 3 tables, but if I play four I generally get timed out every once in a while.
It is noce to be able to use pt and pahud, but other than that this is close to the worst software i have used. A close second to the original version of Noble Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uhhh I think you miss the point, the games aren't rock gardens at SH, but the games are full of decent SH players, peeling is often correct in these fairly aggro games where people call down to much. I think you are exagerating how bad these games are, also LAGs generally make for higher variance and not really much of an improved winrate at all, infact many are playing correctly SH.

If you want to PM me the names of these BAD 5/10 and 10/20 players on Euro be all means, but i think you are mistaken and that generally these games with rakeback and bonus the profit margin is at best the same as Party + Rakeback.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what I don't understand, and this is the same question I have about Paradise poker. If you can deposit, get the bonus, then withdrawl your original money, aren't you on a freeroll? I intend on doing the Paradise bonus in the next few weeks, and while I usually play 1-2 I am planning on playing 3-6 to help plow through it, and if I lose the 100 bucks at Paradise what does it matter? Wouldn't this logic apply to the free 600 at eurobet?

Ken
Old 12-09-2005, 08:45 PM

I hate eurobet sooooooooooooooooooooooo much. Trying to clear a bonus it's not worth it. Software is so bad it opens a new room in place of the tourney i'm already in sometimes so i have to go back to the lobby and manually reopen it. The sounds are annoying because of the card dealing but if you turn the sounds off it's hard to know when it's your turn. I have never hated a site so much.