Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: The \"ARMY\" theme is not a good idea

Now I am really confused? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Who is the eclectic garb supposed to garner attention towards? The sponsoring poker room or the army?

Once the "army" stikes a deal with a poker room, I think that the self promoting for the group is no longer needed. I would assume that for a poker room to offer a deal based on 75% or greater rakeback (A WSOP package for 120k hands is about a 100% rakeback) for high volume players would include the fringe benefit that such players would be representives of the poker room, not as a seperate entity. The fringe benefit of this deal for the sponsoring room is to recieve attention.

The army doesnt need attention unto itself. I believe if this took off, every online poker room manager would have thier fingers on the pulse of this group and its success or failure, whether measured in tournament performance, or sheer amount of volume play and traffic generated for the sponsoring room. I think that alone would build an impressive enough resume for future negotiations. I just dont think its required for the group to look like a bunch of assclowns for this to work. The sponsoring room can create their own dress code for the army as they see fit.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

I'm in O Doyle. And can everyone please relax about what the official outfit will look like, and instead think about ways to sell this idea to different sites? Let's actually get a deal done, then we can worry about we'll look like. It would be great to get a few different sites interested, then we have more room to negotiate. Its also key to make sure its a site that can support an influx of winning players. A site with not much traffic is not in our best interest, as we'd end up playing against each other most of the time. A pokerroom site would be ok, but going smaller than that presents some challenges. My .02.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And no pressure, but could you keep us abreast of how the negotiations are proceeding, either on here or by PM? Who is interested, who is not, etc.... And hey, thanks for the efforts so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point, I don't want to publicly exclude or include any site. I had already started contacting poker sites and for most of them I am awaiting their replies.

And, you're welcome!
Old 07-25-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm in O Doyle. And can everyone please relax about what the official outfit will look like, and instead think about ways to sell this idea to different sites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! Thanks, Rebel. I am definitely open for suggestions/and or further ideas to get a poker site onboard with us. Post them here or if you feel better about it that way, PM me.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:04 PM

i am interested
Old 07-25-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. I have never seen so many guys (an assumption of sexual identity) care so much about what their shirt may look like. Who cares? Does your shirt really influence your playing ability? Let the maketing people from the site come to their own conclusion and then, if you participate, wear the shirt - besides there are only a handfull of times you would be seen in public and other people are looking at your shirt - you have to work hard and be deliberate to look at your own shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worrying about how one represents one's self is a luxury that online poker players can afford that not many others can. It can and should matter quite a bit how you look if you're on TV. Now I'm not talking about whether you have gel in your hair or anything, but I can guarantee that my polish grandparents would have a heart attack if my poker uniform had a swastika on it.

There are a lot of things that are offensive to a lot of people on different levels. I'm not saying that everyone should necessarily be accomodated on that basis, but of course they are allowed to express it and even boycott because of it.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:15 PM

I am interested. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:30 PM

I would be interested in something like this. If you put together an emai list or something, im batpope@gmail.com
Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 PM

Yes I would be definitely be interested in this and would be able to complete the high volume of hands required.

email: Recipherus@hellokitty.com
Old 07-25-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I quoted in another thread and it bears repeating, "If we don't hang together, surely we will hang seperately."

[/ QUOTE ]

And I nearly threw up then too. The quotation is from Benjamin Franklin.[ QUOTE ]
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

[/ QUOTE ] It's ludicrous to use here. He was referring to the colonists banning together to fight against the British in the revolution in order to overthrow what was viewed as a tyrranical government. His line was accurate, if they had not banded together they all would have perished. You are talking about getting more bonuses from a poker site and your line isn't even accurate.

Poker sites are not actively fighting against us. If we don't get special bonuses for playing a shitload of hands then those of us who win will not go broke, we'll be just like all the other high volume players that either get rakeback or just the usual reload bonuses worth getting. Get serious, what you're doing won't be in any history books of the future.

You still have failed to answer why the sites would do this. As someone else stated they could simply offer all of their players the opportunity to go to the WSOP given enough hands instead of a small group of bonus whores. They would then skip the middleman, and any airtime would all go to them. Furthermore as others have stated more people would attempt it and fail which would raise their amount of play and benefit the site. If you're trying to pitch this idea to the site you need to get past this and I don't think you can. If your goal is to help the high volume players (for example if you were forming a union) then this would be a good idea to pitch. Any high volume players can go to the site and do the promotion. This promotion would probably get airtime or at least online attention and hence the big sites would see that high volume players should be given benefits (they would hopefully see this when their rake leaves during the promotion). Neither the poker site nor we would need you and your so called army to act as middlemen and all (save you since you wouldn't have your ego boost) would be better off.