Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 09:23 PM

Default Weird spot w/ ragged two pair

Reciting this one from memory, so details might be a little off.

SB has ~120ish, UTG has ~60ish, I have both smothered and covered. $100 NL 6max.

UTG limps. He's a pretty loose player who's kind of a donk. A little while ago he limped under the gun with A2o to my BB. The flop came 5-2-2 and I fired out two pot sized bets into him with nothing. He called both and then bet river after I checked. I folded, and he showed his hand. So reasonably passive with good hands. Kind of a donkey in a lot of ways.

SB is reasonable. I have been playing very aggressively and have a big stack to show for it.

So, onto the hand in question.

I have T5o in the BB. UTG limps, one more players limps, SB completes, and I check in the BB.

~4$ in pot, give or take.

Flop comes T-7-5 with two diamonds.

SB bets $2. I make it $8. UTG minreraises, making it $14 to go. This doesn't feel like a draw to me. Folded around to me. My action?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Weird spot w/ ragged two pair

This is kind of a tough one. I typed out a response and am now retyping a new one because I changed my mind. At face value, SB bets his Ten, you raise because you can beat a bare Ten (or are drawing), and villian comes over the top of you. That's alot of strength from a passive-ish player.

Unless he's limping 75 UTG, I was thinking you had to give him credit for 77 and fold. Upon further review, it's very possible he has JJ/QQ in which case you are ahead. Or maybe he has a big draw like 8d9d, but would he raise that? So it seems like we are ahead of his hand range here and need to be concerned about 77. Still, I think you can go either way. Small pot...I really want to fold it, but I think you are ahead enough against JJ/QQ to call and reevaluate.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Weird spot w/ ragged two pair

I like a call and reevaluate. Be prepared to call again if the board doesn't pair.

Ryan