Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 08:46 AM

Default $50 NL Big Turn Bluff

Stack sizes aren't really important, assume all relevent parties have $50 or so.

Experimenting with a new style. Much looser in position, and very aggressive. Thus far the results have been very good. Anyways, this hand came up, and curious to see what 2+2 had to say on the matter.

Folded to the cutoff (typical long term loser who occasionally wins) who minraises. I have A5s on the button and consider reraising, but have been reraising a lot lately and opt to just call instead. Both blinds come along.

Flop comes J-8-3 with 2 clubs (not my suit). (4$ in pot.) Checked to the loose/passive, who minibets. I make a pot sized raise. The SB cold calls. This is most likely an open ended straight draw. Possibly a weak jack, but I think the SB would bet something like AJ here. The cutoff calls my raise as well. Not sure what he has.

$15 in pot
Turn comes a 2, giving me a gutshot at the nuts. Checked to me, and I bet $15. Comments?
Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: $50 NL Big Turn Bluff

Not liking it. Both SB and CO called your raise on the flop and I don't think both will give up on the turn often enough for it to be profitable.

Dumle