Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: $100 NL - AQ versus tough player

[ QUOTE ]
You can actually minraise the turn also to freeze him up, then evaluate if you want to value bet the river if he calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... this is an idea, but the problem w/ it IMO is that bloats the pot and gives him odds to draw with an OESD if that is what he infact has.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 AM

Good post cormia. I think he'd be much more likely to minraise something like AK or 98 then AT, but that's just a guess. Reraising preflop is definitely my standard play here, I just wasn't sure what to make of the minraise so I opted to play cautiously.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
River is closer than I thought, but the fact that he has NO clue you have trips makes me think call

[/ QUOTE ]
I really thing he knows where I'm at in this hand on the river. He might not know how good my kicker is, but he probably knows that I have at least an ace.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I actually like the turn call. Obviously, also call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't see anything other than A/rag that I'm beating by the river, and I really don't think A-rag comes out firing $50 on the river.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:46 AM

It highly depends on your read on this opponent especially what his bet size means.
Without a read, I think pot bet on all street is at least an ace. You are ahead some behind some.
I also like a turn min raise. I like the call more if he is speeding. But if he is good, you have to define your hand at one point.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:00 PM

you will see a pocket pair alot here in my experience, something like 88/99 that decides he might be good when the 2nd A hits. ties in with the min raise pf as well. when you call the turn he prolly puts you on some sort of A an trys to get you off it on the river.

the interesting thing is if you call with AQ you should prolly be calling with any A. i dont think he bets that big with a weak A on the river. i think you will either see JJ or a a pair that has missed.

does he think your capable of laying down a weak Axs? i would prolly call, i think your good 50% of the time which is enough.

paul

edit: hmmm KQ/78 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] also got there on the river and also tie in with the action. maybe its closer than i thought. tough hand......
Old 12-05-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Very aggressive postflop, capable of raising weak beats w/ out a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're beating a bluff too.