Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Strictly a matter of procedure...

100$ NL ring, playing 7 handed right now.

BB is a good player. He's very ABC, but also plays very well postflop. I have ~110ish and he covers.

One limp to me on the button, I limp with 44, SB folds, BB raises to $5.5. This is an overpair or AK/AQish 100% of the time.

12$ in pot.

Flop comes 8-4-2 with two clubs. He bets 8$ and I make it 25$. He thinks for a while and calls.

$62 in pot.

Turn is an offsuit J. He bets $40 and has $40 left. Do I stick it in now, or call and wait for the river? A club might kill my action on the river, but on the other hand I have an awfully hard time seeing him calling my raise with just an unimproved overpair.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Strictly a matter of procedure...

stick it in now, anyone would have trouble folding for 40 into a 140+ pot after they pot the turn .....
Old 10-31-2005, 02:25 AM

1) If he's a decent player, and views you as decent, then there's no way that a club would function as a scare card. That would be a moronic flush draw to chase.

2) You shouldn't be worried that he'll fold anything on the river getting those odds.

3) Having said that, I guess it doesn't matter what line you want to take. Either way it seems that the money is going in, and if you're worried that he'll somehow fold the turn to your push, then just call the turn. Same result either way though.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stick it in now, anyone would have trouble folding for 40 into a 140+ pot after they pot the turn .....

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but on the other hand the classic line that I use in these situations where I get raised on the flop is call and then bet/fold the turn. I think this is Villain's line in this case... it felt like he was leaving himself enough room to get away from the hand. On the other hand, he would be getting an awesome price from the pot. If we're deeper, do you like a call more?