Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Button hands...

Assume there are 3-4 limpers to you on the button with full sized stacks. What hands are you limping with on the button? This might be too loose, but I'm limping with things lik 45o and 97o. Also, I will now call 4x or larger raises on the button if it looks like it will be multiway with suited/offsuit connectors, suited aces and such. This assumes fairly deep stacks. Too loose?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Button hands...

I do the same. I will call with mostly ATC as long as there are good implied odds/lots of limpers to me.

Obviously it changes if there are short-stacked opponents/maniacs behind me who will re-raise, etc.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:35 PM

What hands are you raising with when there are 3-4 limpers to you on the button?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assume there are 3-4 limpers to you on the button with full sized stacks. What hands are you limping with on the button? This might be too loose, but I'm limping with things lik 45o and 97o. Also, I will now call 4x or larger raises on the button if it looks like it will be multiway with suited/offsuit connectors, suited aces and such. This assumes fairly deep stacks. Too loose?

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask what stacksize you're running with when you're limping with these? I've read some of fimbulwinter's old posts and he's saying to only do this deepstacked.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands are you raising with when there are 3-4 limpers to you on the button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Depends on stacks. With 100 big bet stacks, AQ+/TT+. If we're deeper, I'm raising a much wider range.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:39 PM

Usually 120bb-130bb stacks. I tighten up if players have less than 100bbs of course.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:46 PM

I'm kinda new, but I don't really see how profitable it can be calling raises with offsuits, connectors or not unless they're broadway.

Implied odds are nice and all, but you do have to pay for the times you miss to make it profitable. You're asking a lot it seems to me...
Old 10-29-2005, 05:51 PM

drop those hands you mentioned to raises, position is important but not that worth it.

I dont see a problem with overlimping those hands, though, given sufficient stacks.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda new, but I don't really see how profitable it can be calling raises with offsuits, connectors or not unless they're broadway.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is consideration, and is essentially why I made this post. Let me make the argument for calling, and hopefully someone can post some criticisms of my reasoning.

Say someone raises 4$ UTG w/ AA with $120 and there are a couple callers. I call on the button with 78o. This probably costs me $3 on average immediately. However, if I do hit, the bets on the flop turn and river are going to be much larger then what I give up preflop. Against somebody who won't fold AA, then the implied odds are there.

Against somebody who will fold AA, then if I semi bluff raise with an OESD or gutshot as well as my sets, it makes it very hard for them to show a long term profit against me. Make sense?

Also, because I have good position, I can take flops down where nobody flops anything.