Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 01:09 AM

Default SSHE COMMENT..............

I got my copy of SSHE the day it came out and I have studied it until the cover has almost fallen off! I just wanted to make a comment concerning this book and its relevance in todays new breed of hold em poker. I play everyday in the cardrooms here in Los Angeles. The looseness and overall lack of skill of the players found here in LA can not be overstated. That being said, I honestly feel that SSHE is now THE definitive work on limit hold em poker...period. HPFAP is great.....and even great is not enough praise. But I truly believe that SSHE has taken over as the #1 text on beating limit hold em...and I mean beating the game at the 40-80 level! The title of SSHE in my opinion should even be revised! The title implies that the book is aimed at small games.....but in truth it is aimed at loose BAD players....and that is exactly what I see here in Los Angeles. I watched a 100-200 game last nite and I promise you....the players were so bad. It was ridiculous. The days of heads up and three way pots seem to be over. Stealing blinds is mostly futile now. And semi bluffs in todays games seem to not have the "two ways" of winning. I bet my legitimate draws (4 flushes and open straights) for value since I am usually getting at least 4-1 for my money....but winning outright on the flop is a rareity now. Anyway....as I said I believe that anyone who studies and comprehends and applies SSHE can beat not only small limit games....but all the way up to 40-80 and maybe even higher. I really feel that SSHE is that good. Comments?
Old 05-01-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: SSHE COMMENT..............

Hi golfpro

I think that SSH is the best limit holdem book ever written.Probably one of the big reasons is what you stated that it is tailored for the loose bad players that populate the games today through 40-80. In the last 2 years i have yet to sit in a tough tight game that HPFAP addresses.

If you understand the concepts in SSH your going to be a BIG WINNER in todays game. Ice
Old 05-02-2005, 12:40 AM

Hey Ice....I agree with you brother! I play 50 hrs a week and I have yet to sit in a tight tough game too. As I said above I watched 100-200 and the players were pathetic. I would have given anything to sit in that game but I dont have the roll for it yet. Anyway...you are right....SSHE is the best limit book money can buy.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:08 AM

Thank you guys. I appreciate the kind words. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]