Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: I\'m never gonna graduate college.

I've spent a few years in my life feeling the same way. Dropped out of college, became a worker, got tired of that life too, lived on welfare for a few months. It took me a while to get my [censored] together and go back to college. I'm graduating next summer, at the respectable age of 27.

It's not always easy, but you'll find a way. It just takes some time.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:50 AM

Life is pretty easy. You gotta just get comfortable and ride it out.

Most people make life waaaaaaaaaay too hard for themselves.

What are you doing in a class that you're never going to?

Find one you're going to enjoy thinking about and show up, think about interesting [censored] and then pass the tests/papers/whatever.

As for staying motivated....you don't really have to be, you just have to realize that you can have fun or enjoy almost any of the activities that you routinely and/or desperately try to avoid.

Yugoslav
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 AM

I'm in the same boat, school blows, I have no motivation, and I'm a senior. I switched to part-time and I'm only taking 5 credits/semester while being a fulltime gamblor. This is working out better for me as it's really easy to get the work done for the classes I'm taking.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:12 AM

I'm sad. I thought for sure this was going to be a celebratory post about how awesome college is. You know, what with little to no responsibility, amazing, willing women everywhere, someone around to drink with 24/7, etc.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Relax, you're 22.

You won't figure this crap out until 26 or 27. Just do the $hit you know you gotta do, the rest will eventually fall into place.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 AM

I cannot believe all these "school blows" remarks. There are some people who prefer the working world to college. There are a lot more who think they will prefer the working world to college and then realize just how sweet college is.

To the OP, with only 13 credits left you really should have figured out you need to put in at least a minimal effort even if you are just coasting to a degree. So you won't be graduating in December but in May instead, big deal. Do you already have a job lined up for when you graduate? If not, then this is nothing, in fact, it will give you a semester to look for one (if you are not planning on going to grad school, which sounds pretty doubtful).

Get some sleep, everything seems a lot worse when you are sleep deprived.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far, for the most part, the first 22 years of my life have mostly sucked. I somehow can't see the next 30-60 years being much better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you say 30/60?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sad. I thought for sure this was going to be a celebratory post about how awesome college is. You know, what with little to no responsibility, amazing, willing women everywhere, someone around to drink with 24/7, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
No [censored]. Quit complaining, [censored]!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 AM

I had a mantra back when I was a lazy, unmotivated undergrad. Basically, no matter how unprepared I was, or how little I attended class, I would always repeat in my head over and over that I would get a B. It calmed me down and funny enough it usually worked. I guess I can really pile on the boolsheet when I my ass is against the wall.

Honestly though, I went through the same thing in school around the middle of my junior year. I switched majors, and decided to take only 2-3 classes a semester. I caught a shitstorm from my mother, as my decision meant an extra year of school, so I told her I would pay for school from that moment on. I applied for more financial aid and bumped up my hours at work, plus worked a ton in the summers.

This worked out well, I took 2-3 classes a semester, and worked to pay the bills. Best thing I could of done as it taught me to live without others paying the bills and I learned to value my classes even though I still was a chronic procrastinator and not the most studious guy.

You have 12 credits left. Do what you need to do to finish. I think youll find that dropping out now is not the best choice. Maybe you can make-up the Philosophy class and take it in the summer?
Old 11-09-2005, 10:59 AM

I would give anything to go back to college. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]