Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 08:24 PM

Default kk in a big pot

reads on villain go something like this. he is a complete maniac/donk. willing to call large raises pf with almost any 2, willing to bluff in most any situation and makes some questionable calls. i have played 2 big hands with him already, one he raised and i reraised with KK in position. the flop was 7 high. he led and i pushed over the top. he called with A7. the other i open raised with 99. he led on the flop with an open ended st8 flush draw and i pushed over the top with the nut set. he called and my hand held up.

50nl 6-max
effective stack 110
dealt to hero on button K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]k [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

pre flop: UTG raises to 1, villain calls in MP, hero makes it 5 to go, both call.

flop (15): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG checks, villain bets 15, hero calls, UTG folds.

turn (45): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain bets 43, hero calls

river (131):2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
villain checks, hero checks?

i know my turn call is a little questionable but, i didn't think i was beat yet and i didnt want to push and find out i was. should i push this river or just check and take a free showdown.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Re: kk in a big pot

I would check because i dont think he is calling much without the ace anyway.. You dont want to get "The sexy" (check-raising the river) done to you.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:42 PM

im not worried about a c/r here. if i bet i bet my whole stack which is only like half of the pot. i am just wondering if i am losing value from a 3 and the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and any other wierd hand a super donk will call off all of his chips with. i checked behind because i didnt see much value in betting but, after i thought about it this guys calling range is much wider than hands that beat me.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:00 PM

By my gorilla math you both have about 65 left. Getting checkraised here would be unpleasant, but I'd bet $20 and probably call a push, although I would hate it. I think he calls with any lesser club. I also think he bets the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here since he's taken the lead the whole way.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:29 AM

Villain if he's really as big a maniac as you say has nothing more than a J IMO. The way you describe him overplaying top pair so badly, I think you get the most value out of this hand by raising the turn all-in. Also, most bad maniacs I've seen just love to slow play when they finally do catch a hand, so I think it's unlikely he has 3 here or a full house...it's possible he has a lower flush though.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:37 AM

No way he checks the A here. Bet 30 or the 50 allin, whatever you think will be more enticing. The 20 to 30 he calls without club,just because. The allin he calls with bad club.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:38 AM

Does anyone raise on the flop here? If he has a jack he's going to pay you off, and it's somewhat unlikely he has a three (though it's possible).