Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Hand from Legends $5k

25-50 blinds.
billy duarte limps from UTG+1
I raise to 250 with QQ
BB raises to 1100. active player. my impression is that he's the least experienced at the table. I call.
Flop comes 6h-8d-10c. BB goes all-in for 8200. I have him covered by only 500 chips. Anyone call in this spot?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Hand from Legends $5k

[ QUOTE ]
25-50 blinds.
I raise to 250 with QQ
BB raises to 1100. active player. my impression is that he's the least experienced at the table. I call.
Flop comes 6h-8d-10c. BB goes all-in for 8200. I have him covered by only 500 chips. Anyone call in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]wrong forum
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 AM

Granted, I busted out myself in the 25-50 blind level in this tournament (AA vs AQ, lucky bastard), but I think this is a fold. I call this online any time, but with the stacks so deep, I think you can afford to lay this down. You're almost certainly facing AA or KK here. I don't think JJ pushes this so hard preflop and postflop with the blinds only at 25-50.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
25-50 blinds.
I raise to 250 with QQ

[/ QUOTE ]wrong forum

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this the wrong forum? Are you dumb?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
25-50 blinds.
I raise to 250 with QQ

[/ QUOTE ]wrong forum

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this the wrong forum? Are you dumb?

[/ QUOTE ]

This post was posted elsewhere and then moved.

I think some indication of this should be put on the thread in the destination forum... (The wrong forum retains a link to the thread and "thread has been moved")
Old 08-29-2005, 04:06 AM

He originally posted it in the WPT forum.

In the hand, you don't say if Duarte called, but I assume he didn't (who is he, anyways?).

This is pretty tough call. You say he's inexperienced and I feel I need more information on this player to play this hand here. Do you feel he's inexperienced that he doesn't know how to play a deep stack? Will he get nervous and make a huge overbet with a good hand here because he doesn't really know what else to do? Also, it'd help to know your position.. if you are utg+1 I would consider BB's reraise stronger than if you were the button.

As it is, I feel like I can muck here because if he's a scared, inexperienced player he probably has AA or KK and just wants to take the pot down. It's really up to you if you feel he is capable of reraising JJ or AK preflop and making a move like this on the flop..
Old 08-29-2005, 04:21 PM

Yeah, I suck too, I busted out early, AA, KK, QQ all in the first hour and lost all three, I like your fold here