Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Results and thoughts

I actually played this hand after talking with josh about a similiar hand he played (which he posted in this thread) and while I thought his hand he clearly had to raise, this river I thought was a little different.

I'll run by my thoughts street by street.

preflop is whatever. you'll have a hard time convincing me that it is wrong to raise here every once in a while which I'll do from time to time.

as for the flop, i think not leading is a big mistake. if you're going to call a bet on this flop you should bet it yourself especially if you can get mp to fold 99+ and its no guarantee that the donators will even have an ace here.

turn is pretty straighforward.

river is of course the tricky part. after getting 3-bet on the turn i suddenly don't feel that great about my hand except the presence of a picked up flush draw keeps me from folding. (The fact that the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not on the board is HUGE)

I didn't really give a good description of mp. would he 3-bet me preflop with 88, A8s, or A5s? I honestly don't know if he would but most players wouldn't so I discounted those heavily.

So in my mind I was thinking...

AA 3 combos
AKc, AQc, AJc 3 combos

with the donator still in the pot this seems like a fairly check and raise, but given the fact that when I played this hand I didn't feel comforatable with having to face a 3-bet and the fact that I totally discounted 88 and A7s balanced it out for me enough to just check and call down expecting to see AA most of the time here while not feeling *too* bad if it turned out I missed a checkraise against a worse hand.

so I checked intending to just call and a strange thing happened. MP checked also and now the donator bet. Now I checkraised. MP seemed to hesitate but called and the donator called as well.

MP had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and donator had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and MHIG.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

MP had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and donator had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your opponents played horribly. But nh on your part. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]