Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Stats 5/10 and 10/20

Did you post a lot of those types of hands, or did you just spend tons of time away from the table thinking about those types of spots?

I just started defending a lot more and started feeling more comfortable with mediocre hands. I'm not very concerned about my postflop game multiway but maybe I should be HU or 3-way, I don't know.

In general, I do find it diffecult sometimes to fold on the turn when I have TPTK or something decent because some other good posters suggested that I should call down more but when do I do that?

BTW, if you're including your initial 250BB downswing when you hadn't improved your HU play, and weren't ready for 10/20, then your "true win rate" now could be much higher than your .62 BB/100.

I just had a look in PT and according to that I lost 288BB before going up. In reality it was 250BB because I didn't get all the hands but I when I exclude the first 14K hands I'm winning 1.31BB/100.

I do fold a lot on the river I think. Especially when I check the turn after I raised preflop and bet the flop. I seem to call down at the wrong times because most of the time they have something, which I know is normal but I can't remember the last time I caught somebody when I had AK or something. I rarely win with just A high.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-21-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi Magikist,

Preflop it's raise or fold for me from the early positions and I will call in LP with low PP, Axs or Kxs. Everything else is raise or fold most of the time.

When I raise preflop I bet a lot of flops. I don't like to slowplay good hands or good draws. When I don't hit the flop it depends on a lot of factors if I bet or check-call or check-fold.

I don't have any problems with calling. I don't raise to get a free card very often because it just doesn't work enough to make it the right action. I'm not somebody who can only think about raise or fold. Preflop yes, especially in early prosition but not in LP and not postflop.

You are probably right when you say that I fold to much on the river. Do you guys call down a lot with just A high? I would like to make more calldowns but I have a hard time figuring out when.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-21-2004, 08:11 PM

I dont calldown much with A high.

I try to set it up so that I check the turn out of position when I have nothing, depending on the opponent. I dont like betting the turn and checking the river too much, if I start doing this and people take shots at me then I might throw in a check/raise on the river with a good hand.

If I have position I usually bet the turn and take a free showdown.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:18 PM

I don't think I can change a lot in MP. I already raise with A9o in that position. When I don't include the first 14K hands I play about the same in that position as you do.

I think you are right that I should raise even more at the button. I should also call a lot more in the BB.

I will think about check-raising more. HU I do check-raise a lot...

Also at 10/20 I found my steals and aggression preflop increased because there are less loose callers compared to 5/10 so I think that might be more the reason your stats increased in those areas rather than you making big improvements.

I started raising more because I didn't raise enough. I don't think it has a lot to do with the level. I would raise the same hands at 10/20 as at 5/10. It doesn't really matter wether they call or not when you raise for value.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-21-2004, 08:31 PM

I dont calldown much with A high.

Ok, well then I really have a hard time figuring out when to call down.

I try to set it up so that I check the turn out of position when I have nothing, depending on the opponent.

I check-fold the turn a lot when I face aggression on the flop out of position.

I dont like betting the turn and checking the river too much, if I start doing this and people take shots at me then I might throw in a check/raise on the river with a good hand.

I don't like that either. Maybe I should check-raise more on the river too.

If I have position I usually bet the turn and take a free showdown.

That's my line very often depending on my opponents, the amount of them and the board.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-22-2004, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I can change a lot in MP. I already raise with A9o in that position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you raise this UTG as well?? I usually raise it 1st in from MP, but not from UTG... but your UTG and MP stats seem to be almost the same for VPIP and PFR. Also, UTG i'm usually folding A7s, 66, K9s, KTo, QJo, and J10s, all of which I would openraise from MP.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:02 AM

Hi Guido

I'll post my stats here as I've reached 50K hands at 10-20. I wouldn't dare risk starting a new thread with that in case Naphand wakes up feeling grumpy as he did yesterday

10/20
Hands 50,041
VP$IP 26.33
VP$IP SB 40.08
Saw Flop all hands 32.43
Saw Flop not a blind 19.92
Folded SB to steal 83.56
Folded BB to steal 48.07
Folded BB to steal HU 39.85
Att to steal blinds 33.57
Won $ when saw flop 40.05
BB/100 4.10
Went to showdown 36.31
Won $ at SD 53.73
Raised preflop 16.94
Folded to river bet 35.58
Check raise 2.03

Aggression factors
Preflop 1.4
Flop 2.63
Turn 2.41
River 1.53
Overall 1.89

It's a bit early for me to start thinking analytically (or probably to spell either). Maybe others could make suggestions as to why I win a lot more apart from the fact that I may be just a lucky so and so.

However, the one thing that stands out above all else is that I am much looser than you on all streets but judging from our showdown and WSF stats I win every sinlge one of the extra hands I play!

Seems to me that there is a lot more to be squeezed out of this game than playing tight will allow (and that includes folding too much on the flop which you must do with that figure).
One last thing. I only play 2 tables, any more and my game (and probably my health) starts to fall to pieces

Gazza
Old 12-22-2004, 05:03 AM

Hi pfkaok,

No I don't raise A9o UTG. I do raise K9s and KTo. I raise A7s and 66 occasionally. I muck QJo and JTs most of the time.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-22-2004, 05:20 AM

Hi Gazza,

You seem to play extreemly loose. You see like 7% more flops than I do. I don't know how you do that with that many raises preflop.

You also defend an extreemly lot in the blinds. More than 50% of the time! I wish I could reach 40%...

You also win a lot more often when you see the flop while you see a lot more flops than I do. Just amazing...

You also call 10% more often when there is a river bet. I have to work on that figure although I have not a good idea of how to get that figure up.

Seems to me you are a very good player with a good run. I wish I have a run like that sometime.

Thanks,

Guido
Old 12-22-2004, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to play extreemly loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compared to the average 2+2 er, yes, but I am MUCH tighter preflop than the average player in this game. Also I am much more aggressive post flop which the AF stats might not show because of some extra calls as well. I try not to let myself get pushed around and if this means sacrificing bets paying people off then so be it.