Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: pet peeve rant - \'I put you all in\'

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, thanks for the awesome advice. Have your 11690 other posts been this enlightening?

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome post...

IgnoredUsers++
Old 07-14-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, thats right, talking [censored] to and old guy in a wheelchair. It was a proud moment for me. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Big deal, you did something to a guy in a wheelchair that would have been perfectly acceptable to do to someone who wasn't. Did you do it because he was in a wheelchair? No - so it doesn't matter.

Some people gave me a bunch of crap in Vegas once because I showed a bluff to a deaf guy who waved his hand at me as if to say, "Pathetic." I had been watching him read lips for a while, so I looked directly at him and said, "Shut up, it worked." He knew exactly what I said and laughed and rapped the table. Still, some people gave me looks and one said, "come on, he's deaf." I didn't do it because I was deaf.

Insulting a handicapped person for a reason other than their handicap is no more "egregious" than insulting a non-handicapped person.

-Tripp

[/ QUOTE ]
Brilliant. Now answer me this: am I allowed to punch a person who has glasses on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez, talk about nitpicking. You go out of your way to pick one of the few situations where what I'm saying doesn't apply, and call me an idiot. I don't remember saying a thing about using physical force. In fact, if you reread my post, it specifically says "insulting," and mentions nothing about hitting people. I was only talking about saying things.

Get a life.

-Tripp
Old 07-14-2005, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brilliant. Now answer me this: am I allowed to punch a person who has glasses on?

[/ QUOTE ]Jeez, talk about nitpicking. You go out of your way to pick one of the few situations where what I'm saying doesn't apply, and call me an idiot. I don't remember saying a thing about using physical force. In fact, if you reread my post, it specifically says "insulting," and mentions nothing about hitting people. I was only talking about saying things.

Get a life.

-Tripp

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm. I'm pretty sure Patrick sincerely liked your post, and then made a joking reference to a cliche. Note: his reply was one line.

Then you (having "gotten a life", I suppose) go off, ranting about how he "called you an idiot"?

Oh, the irony. I don't think anybody called you an idiot. Oh! Except I am, now.
-Sam
Old 07-14-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Jeez, talk about nitpicking. You go out of your way to pick one of the few situations where what I'm saying doesn't apply, and call me an idiot. I don't remember saying a thing about using physical force. In fact, if you reread my post, it specifically says "insulting," and mentions nothing about hitting people. I was only talking about saying things.

Get a life.

-Tripp

[/ QUOTE ]Hmm. I'm pretty sure Patrick sincerely liked your post, and then made a joking reference to a cliche. Note: his reply was one line.

Then you (having "gotten a life", I suppose) go off, ranting about how he "called you an idiot"?

Oh, the irony. I don't think anybody called you an idiot. Oh! Except I am, now.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

If I misunderstood the post, I apologize. I'm having a rotten day, which doesn't excuse me getting my panties in a bunch (assuming that I misunderstood the post).
Old 07-14-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THIS IS WHERE I NEED TO GET DELICATE AGAIN. HE MOUNTED ME AND PROCEEDED TO USE ME THE WAY PRISONERS USE EACH OTHER. EVERYBODY IN THE POKER ROOM JUST STARED AND LAUGHED AS IT WAS HAPPENING. WHEN IT WAS FINALLY OVER HE SMILED AND ASKED ME "WHO WAS ALL IN THAT TIME?" BUT I SMILED LAST WHEN I CASHED IN ALL HIS CHIPS. SEE YA AND WOULDN'T WANT TO BE YA, YOU FAT HUMPS

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 PM

I am someone who has said this in the past and I had not really thought about it. Now that I have I will continue to do so for 2 reasons.

1. It helps me get a read on my opponent. It is a psychological thing, I'm going to make you put up all your money, but I'm not risking all mine.

2. I see it the same as me saying I'm all in.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:31 PM

I don't see anything wrong with the old guys play here, especially if it was just you and him heads up. And if you and him were not heads up, he could move more chips in if someone with a bigger stack called. No reason to make someone move chips into the pot that are obviously not going to be used.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:42 PM

I once played with some nit like you, an older Middle Eastern man who refused to give a count of his chips, and said "at a ring game you can't ask how many chips I have" when someone said "I set you all-in."

A game will run much smoother where people say, I set you all-in, even if grammarians and other nits have to cover their ears every time they hear it.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once played with some nit like you, an older Middle Eastern man who refused to give a count of his chips, and said "at a ring game you can't ask how many chips I have" when someone said "I set you all-in."

[/ QUOTE ]

just curious, is it relevant that he was middle-eastern? not once have i read in this thread "....some white guy.." lol it's just funny IMO
Old 07-17-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try betting .01 less than the other person has online... That really upsets people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then nearly timeout calling his AI raise? That would piss me off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]