Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 06:07 PM

Default For some reason, this hand kind of reminded Jeffage\'s hand

I felt really crummy calling this hand on 6th and seventh. No read on villain in this hand. Sorry.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 4: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.00 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.50 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (7.50 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.50 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (11.50 BB)
Old 06-08-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: For some reason, this hand kind of reminded Jeffage\'s hand

I think it is an easy toss on sixth without a real read on the villian. Since you called though, I don't see how you can call on the river unless you are positive that he is a guy who will bet without having two pair.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:41 PM

If you are talking about the 30-60 hand that was discussed...These two hands couldn't be more different in my opinion. For starters, you are in a nearly full (7) ring game. He was in a three handed game. Second, the up cards of hero and villain were 4 and 5. Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

Maybe you are thinking of a different hand...
Old 06-08-2005, 07:37 PM

Well, I guess I play it the same way. 6th is a call - you probably have some outs (if he does not have the flush). 7th you don't like it but for the size of the pot - well, I guess I call - but, I am a pay off sucker [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I don't know that the check-raise on fifth was necessary to get it heads-up but it was good to get it heads-up.

Richard K.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are talking about the 30-60 hand that was discussed...These two hands couldn't be more different in my opinion. For starters, you are in a nearly full (7) ring game. He was in a three handed game. Second, the up cards of hero and villain were 4 and 5. Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

Maybe you are thinking of a different hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, i don't have the attention to detail you have, all i remember is thinking that jeff should have folded 6th or something, and that's how I felt in this hand too.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your callers have a j and 9 in the door, and saw you raise with a five in the door with a queen behind you still left to act, after they limped in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that it makes any difference with respect to the point you are making, but you are reading the action wrong. Actually, the Q folded first, he raised, then the j&9 called the raise.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:52 AM

Our pots both had the exact same number of big bets (11.5) [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]. I don't know about the 5th street checkraise...it worked, but that could have been a quite deadly free card if it didn't. As long as he is the aggro type to bet his scary board, it's cool. I'd call the end too just incase he has queens only and missed the flush, but I wouldn't like it.

Jeff
Old 06-09-2005, 11:51 AM

Seriously? I guess I don't lnow how to read these hands but I still think the 4 brought it in the J and 9 limped he raised with a five in the door and the queen folded without putting anything in but the antes.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:20 PM

No…the 4 brought it in, the Q folded, BeerMoney completed and 9 and Jack both called $5.
Look at the seats and try to imagine the table…seat 7 was in the bring-in, and there were no players in seats 8 and 1, so seat 2 is next to act. Pretty simple once you figure it out.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:38 PM

Thank you! I see it now. I have to really look at these better.