Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2005, 09:27 AM

Default Re: TPTK with ATo against a 3-bet

Exactly how does a player playing 40% V$IP "miss" more flops than a tight player? Do some cards in the pack arrive more often than others?
Old 01-11-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly how does a player playing 40% V$IP "miss" more flops than a tight player? Do some cards in the pack arrive more often than others?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you are playing crummy low cards, you will more frequently have 0 overcards, nothing but a gutshot, or bottom/middle pair bad kicker. All of which might be considered a 'miss', or at least not strong enough to bet/raise, though he might call with some of those holdings. The tight player will often have overcards, overcards+gutshot, or middle or top pair good kicker while technically hitting exactly the same percentage of flops seen as the weak player. Those hands are more frequently going to be worth a bet or raise.

B.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These sort of things were covered in the "getting to know you" threads that elicited no interest since they did not include a bad beat or big downswing section [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In essence AF is a pretty useless tool except at the extremes. If AF is very high or very low then there is little room for doubt. Anywhere from just over 1 to 2 or so and it could be absolutely anything.

I use AF of course since it is the only PT tool available but I quickly rerate using my own criteria as soon as I get enough hands.

I have people with AF's of about 1 who are regular bluffers and bet LOTS and people with AF of 2.25 who bet and raise very little and NEVER bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll have to revisit those threads. I was pinched for time when you started them up, so I didn't participate or even study them much.

I'm going to make a fresh push on this 'getting to know you' front myself, including getting up to speed with PlayerView and auto rating criteria. So maybe we can ressurect the exploration. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

B.