Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Best quotes of the 2006 WSOP ME (ESPN)

[ QUOTE ]
after bluffing out another player, "The kiddie game is over there"
Mike Matasow

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand would have gone flying across the table in his face.. Also even if the other guy called his bluff matasow had about 9 outs so it wasn't a complete bluff.. he could have gotten a Q a K or a 10(i belive for a straight)
Old 11-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Daniel N (after being raised all in preflop): "Are you serious, do you really have a strong hand? You aren't just goofing around are you?"
Other guy: "Well it's the world series..."
Daniel: "Which means...?"
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM

This really isn't a quote, more of a facial expression that made me laugh, because you could imagine what he's thinking.

When Sam Farha knocked Goldie Hawn's son (forgot his name) out on the first hand with the AAATT fullhouse. Then later when he was telling Tobey Maguire and Tobey looks back toward the table with his jaw dropped open. I thought that look was kinda priceless.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Matasow

[/ QUOTE ]

My hand would have gone flying across the table in his face.. Also even if the other guy called his bluff matasow had about 9 outs so it wasn't a complete bluff.. he could have gotten a Q a K or a 10(i belive for a straight)

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. We've all seen enough of Matusow on TV now to know that he just likes busting everyone's balls at the table. Very little of what he says could, and should, be taken seriously. If you can't learn to tune out other players' table talk, you shouldn't be playing the game. You know you wouldn't have done [censored], no one else on this forum would have done [censored], and that's that. Same goes for Hellmuth and his antics. Anyone here claiming that *they* would be the ones to jump across the felt and throw a punch is absolutely full of it.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Matasow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please. We've all seen enough of Matusow on TV now to know that he just likes busting everyone's balls at the table. Very little of what he says could, and should, be taken seriously. If you can't learn to tune out other players' table talk, you shouldn't be playing the game. You know you wouldn't have done [censored], no one else on this forum would have done [censored], and that's that. Same goes for Hellmuth and his antics. Anyone here claiming that *they* would be the ones to jump across the felt and throw a punch is absolutely full of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I wouldn't do it, but I would want to! I can't wait to see his beat at the final table where the guy hits running hearts to beat him.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mike Matasow

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I wouldn't do it, but I would want to! I can't wait to see his beat at the final table where the guy hits running hearts to beat him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd talk back to him. I can't easily tilt. I laugh at insults, then come right back. (For fun of course, and only Mike and Phil)
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 PM

"Unless you have aces... you don't have aces... I know you don't have aces"

"I doubled up with this hand earlier"

"What's the count?" *told the count* "Can I get a count?"

or any other gems of ignorance by HDOG.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Thats what um toalking aboot" ( i could barely understand that broken english)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you speak english? You know, the way you speak sounds funny to the people across the pond, too. Doesn't mean you can't speak english.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Thats what um toalking aboot" ( i could barely understand that broken english)

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you speak english? You know, the way you speak sounds funny to the people across the pond, too. Doesn't mean you can't speak english.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're right.. Im from Boston.. People can't understand me.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:47 PM

"He's (Lederer) been getting beat unreal. It looks like someone shot his dog he lost a third of his stack........ So i popped him for thirty w/ 68 offsuit"