Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been in better shape than you are now?
Yes 166 88.30%
No 22 11.70%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2005, 03:41 PM

Default A Poll for Lmn55d\'s TT hand.

Villain is 30/20/1.5 after 150 hands. Does he have a lower pocket pair (that he plays like this) often enough to continue past the flop?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, T.
2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K, 2, 2 (4 players)
Hero bets, BB raises, CO folds, Button folds, Hero...
Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: A Poll for Lmn55d\'s TT hand.

What about raise for a free turn and more information? If he caps you can fold the turn safely.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 PM

Please don't make polls specifically to mock another poster. That just seems to be in poor taste.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about raise for a free turn and more information? If he caps you can fold the turn safely.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're out of position.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:45 PM

What makes you think he's mocking? Sure this guy was a prick in the other thread but I see nothing wrong with his conduct here. Seems like a perfectly legitimate inquiry.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:46 PM

viewing things in such a negative light is horrible. I am posting this poll because a huge chunk of 2+2 has disagreed with me, and I want to know what all those people that did not say anything think. I want to know where the 2+2 community as a whole stands in this. Misinterpreting motives is horrible.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:58 PM

I think this poll is fine, though I'm not a big believer in the worth of poll results.

I ragged on you pretty good in the other thread for reasons I stated there -- on the substantive issue of the correct play of the hand, I was disagreeing with your position in that thread because I do not think this is a clearcut decision of call down versus fold - your original view was that this was an absolute no-brainer to call down and I disagreed but I don't know if your view has changed; I think it is close enough that a lot of factors come into play (which makes the poll less interesting to me personally, but so what).
Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM

well unfortunately I still stand on my original view against an unknown. two ways for this to change. 1) someone explains to me why my pokerstove does not do justice to the situation at hand 2) ggbman and the majority of this poll vote against it.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:01 PM

The main concern I have with the posting of this as a poll is the majority of HUSH posters are not capable of being winning 10/20 players. Getting them to answer this question with a quick answer, off the top of their head, isn't going to be particularly helpful.

It's a close decision and I've been known to take lines that don't make sense here, like calling the flop raise and folding the turn, or calling the flop raise and calling the turn but folding the river, or occasionally just flat-out folding to the flop raise.

Rob
Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM

this is true. but we only have the information that we are provided with. Lmn55d said the villain is 30/20 with some AF that I forgot and I thought thats all the information we have to work with. Against an unknown with these stats there really should only be "one correct play," right? We are only able to fold on turns and rivers or even flops because we have extra reads, correct?