Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-07-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Poorly played pocket pair?

[ QUOTE ]
Capping also gives us just enough money in the pot to peel a missed flop hoping to turn that T.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea of putting more money in just to justify a loose call later isn't the greatest idea. Would you cap with KJs because it'll give you better pot odds to draw to an inside straight draw on the flop?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cap flop with 2 callers in for the ride

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean cap preflop. I would rather not. TT is the sort of hand that you often have to ditch on the flop against a 3-bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Capping also gives us just enough money in the pot to peel a missed flop hoping to turn that T. We give up 1BB (preflop and a flop peel) to win many, many BB. I'm not fer it or gin it, but it's worth a ponder, a'reckon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh... yeah... because I just love putting in that extra bet preflop to make me to in that extra bet on the flop. I guess it doesn't that it's 8:1 to catch the set on the flop and (assuming you missed the flop), a mighty 22:1 to catch it on the turn.

It's about 15% to see a set by the turn, or about 5.6:1. So 5.6 times you lose 1 BB, so you need to average 5.6 BB when you catch your set in an ideal case to break even. Throw in the times that your set loses (yes, your set will lose some 10-15% of the time) and the times you're faced with two bets on the flop and are forced to fold or make a stupid call, and I think you've got a tough sell to make. Oh yeah, and you've only got 3 players who could possibly call your bets after you catch your set.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cap flop with 2 callers in for the ride

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean cap preflop. I would rather not. TT is the sort of hand that you often have to ditch on the flop against a 3-bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops! yeah, i meant PF

I think we will recieve "harmless" flops often enough to make a cap profitable