Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: 25/50 Hand vs. Spirt Rock

I likle the way you played this one bruiser, it smells like a worse ace of busted draw.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why didnt you just rereaise all in on the flop. for the 1400 extra you got you gave him two draws to beat you which it looks like you would pay off.
plus maybe thats why he pushes you around. you dont stand up to him. here is the spot to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

ray zee this is the math always in the back of my mind in situations like this. say he has a flush draw, he is about 33% likely to get there by the river so if I put him on a draw and reraise to protect my hand i am only gaining 33% equity in the 1400 in the pot currently for a gain of $460. if i'm putting it all in the middle maybe h'll bet out pot again on the turn which gains me more than $460, or maybe my all in will push him off a worst hand when it would have extracted value by calling. thoughts?

from the way i play i don't think he's calling a reraise from me there with a worst hand (which i guess makes this a good time to bluff reraise). CWL, your thoughts are pretty much exactly what i was thinking. he folded the river btw.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:28 PM

i don't really see an advantage to pushing the river, other than the slight possibility of getting SR to fold another AK. do you think he'd call with AQ/AJ? do you think he'd fold a flush (even though he can't have the nut flush, and even though the board is paired)? i think the chances of the all-in being called by a worse hand, or making a better hand fold, are remote.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:57 PM

Aer you advocating an all-in bet on the flop to shut the opponent out from drawing? Surely a good player is not going to call us with a worse hand....even if it is 4-handed. Or am I simply giving people too much credit?