Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only rednecks eat ketchup and barbeque sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I put ketchup on my burger yesterday. Does this mean I have to start banging my sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not your fault that you use ketchup. It is all you were taught. Search the internet for a Spanish-American message board. Perhaps, establish a pen pal in Morroco. You will be surprised how many different spices and herbs and seasonings exist beyond the processed, disgusting, unhealthy, ones you find in a bottle at Walmart.

You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've got my afternoon snack in front of me:

My Morrocan pen pal has advised me to flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, and chili pepper. Hopefully this will enable me to taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that looks good. I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Not yet
2) Not Shake Shack
Old 12-21-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since it all sucks, get the [censored] back out

[/ QUOTE ]

This works for me
Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kane,

I'll go down the list here, you make some good points but you're kind of bigoted in spots.

Americans are, on the whole, overweight. Fast food plus no exercise will do that. I love the occasional spicy chicken sangwich, but I also play a shitload of ultimate frisbee and I lift, so I can afford to pig every now and then.

I agree regarding ethnic cooking, eating just american food would get boring. who doesn't like to switch things up?

re: the way we talk, I would agree regarding grammar. regarding dialect, [censored] you.

Women should exercise just like men, I agree. health benefits, you feel better, have more energy, look better. However, I think they should be able to go without makeup if the damn well feel like it. women are beautiful creatures.

I love my soda. it's just so delicious. however, I dig the H2O too. unlike most old western flicks, this town is, in fact, big enough for the two of them. moderation, moderation, moderation.

about God and Christianity, um blow me? I will talk about whatever the hell I want short of yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you are free to do the same. I won't make you or your children worship or even acknowledge him, but if someone wants to thank their higher power for something just live and let live. IMO. At least be systematic and restrict people from talking about Buddha, Allah, etc. Why pick on Christians?

re: going to another country and taking notes, I agree people would benefit greatly from experiencing different cultures, but not because america's system is totally [censored]. I think it's all about variety.

[/ QUOTE ]

DMB nails it
Old 12-21-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only rednecks eat ketchup and barbeque sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I put ketchup on my burger yesterday. Does this mean I have to start banging my sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not your fault that you use ketchup. It is all you were taught. Search the internet for a Spanish-American message board. Perhaps, establish a pen pal in Morroco. You will be surprised how many different spices and herbs and seasonings exist beyond the processed, disgusting, unhealthy, ones you find in a bottle at Walmart.

You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've got my afternoon snack in front of me:

My Morrocan pen pal has advised me to flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, and chili pepper. Hopefully this will enable me to taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow that looks good. I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's what a hamburger is all about.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Shake Shack was closed this time of the year

[/ QUOTE ]
1) Not yet
2) Not Shake Shack

[/ QUOTE ]

Still looks good. Shake Shack meetup on x-mas eve?

Old 12-21-2005, 07:35 PM

awesome
Old 12-21-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo

[/ QUOTE ]

um, no
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some Europeans enjoy a higher standard of living then Americans

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd change that to many, or most if you want to only count westerm europe.

KKFs post was fine. I think there's a good amount of american culture that the world could do without (I'm talking about fast food chains here).

Making hamburgers, tacos or pizzas yourself is MUCH healthier, and they taste better.

Exercising...get an exercise bike and use it when you're surfing the net or watching some tv. I find exercising really boring, but it's fine when you're doing something else. Also walk to the shops instead of driving. You'd be surprised good walking is for you. I do weights in front of t or with my hifi on.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:13 PM

Default Greatest country in the world??

Just out of interest, what do americans mean when they say this?