Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Turn Donk

Turn donker is 44/15/1.8

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Comments?
Old 10-23-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Turn Donk

without reads I fold the turn.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
without reads I fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about with reads?
I provided them.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:03 AM

I meant more specific postflop reads for this player. With these stats I would assume a turn donk will mean a piece of the board a lot of the time. To call down from the turn OI would estimate you need to be good at least a third of the time, and I just don't think you're there.

If I had a specific read that he had a propensity for donkbluffing the turn, I would consider continuing.

Given the turn call the river is good.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:17 AM

Sorry, I didn't know you meant postflop reads. OK, so your default against an unknown turn donker is to fold in that spot.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:26 AM

Definitely fold this. We are only barely ahead of a few of villain's possible holdings, and drawing to at most 6, but often fewer outs in a pot whose size doesn't warrant it. Ask yourself what villain has. My guess is any pair, trips, or a flush draw with at least one overcard (often the ace). You equity against this range is pretty weak.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Definitely fold this. We are only barely ahead of a few of villain's possible holdings, and drawing to at most 6, but often fewer outs in a pot whose size doesn't warrant it. Ask yourself what villain has. My guess is any pair, trips, or a flush draw with at least one overcard (often the ace). You equity against this range is pretty weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

disagree strongly. i think you are underestimating the chances his hand is best here. a pair checkraises this flop very often. against some unsophisticated players i think hero is a favorite to have the best hand on the turn. on average i think he is ahead more than enough to call down.

youre overlooking the fact that hero has 9 outs against a 5, not 6. a big deal as this is a nice % of his hand range. also against small/medium pp hero has 12 or 9 outs.

drawing dead occasionally does hurt, but hero can be in great shape too against Ax.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:10 AM

It's called a donk for a reason. I play it the same.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:18 AM

standard

If the turn didnt make a 2 flush then I'd probably fold, but an agro guy like that is likely going to checkraise the flop with any pair.

So the gaybet looks like he picked up a flushdraw.
Old 10-23-2005, 03:30 AM

With the paired jack its less likely he has one. I like it .