Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been in better shape than you are now?
Yes 166 88.30%
No 22 11.70%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: A Poll for Lmn55d\'s TT hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main concern I have with the posting of this as a poll is the majority of HUSH posters are not capable of being winning 10/20 players. Getting them to answer this question with a quick answer, off the top of their head, isn't going to be particularly helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]Am I one of these? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen of your posts and play, you've got the ability to be a winning 10/20 player, but if you played your current game (you seem pretty aggressive and prone to thinking people are FOS) there you'd probably get stomped unless you adjusted. But that's just a guess. You might already be a winning 10 player and I wouldn't know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

im prone to thinking ppl are FOS and they usually are [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz you're running good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main concern I have with the posting of this as a poll is the majority of HUSH posters are not capable of being winning 10/20 players. Getting them to answer this question with a quick answer, off the top of their head, isn't going to be particularly helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]Am I one of these? :P

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I've seen of your posts and play, you've got the ability to be a winning 10/20 player, but if you played your current game (you seem pretty aggressive and prone to thinking people are FOS) there you'd probably get stomped unless you adjusted. But that's just a guess. You might already be a winning 10 player and I wouldn't know. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

im prone to thinking ppl are FOS and they usually are [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz you're running good. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

man i wish that were still true [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there some way you have of knowing that I voted? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 04:30 PM

maybe something to think about here. old J_V thread
Old 10-19-2005, 04:37 PM

Hey Drontier,

I voted call, as I voiced my opinion similarly in the other thread. It gives me pause, however, that so many posters I respect said fold, because I was actually deciding between calling/3betting not calling/folding (though I threw 3betting out pretty quick). I'd love to hear more about that from wheelz, et. al.

You were out of line in your first few posts in that thread, but I think you conducted yourself well considering most of the forum bit your head off for it. You were trying to emphasize how strongly you felt about the calldown but came off wrong and unfortunately rubbed many the wrong way b/c of the murky nature of the reply (we've been encouraging extended discussion instead of 1-liners where the decision is close)

That said the responses were a little much and hopefully we can all move past it - and hopefully you'll stick around and contribute more to future discussions. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Another important question is if we decide to call with TT here (i would) where do we draw the line? I'd probably call 99 too. 33-55 are clear folds. JJ-QQ are no-brainer calls. How low do we go?

Surf
Old 10-19-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe something to think about here. old J_V thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to bump that thread and find out how much position factors into their lines.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:43 PM

if I thought the opponent was capable of calling with all suited deuces pf, then 88-99 is the lowest i will call with. im really not sure which one. But in my own interpretation, a lot of these suited deuces are not possible and I probably cutoff at 77.