Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Party rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
j
if affiliates were to collude, that would be a very difficult thing to enforce amongst themselves. i can keep a secret, and maybe some affiliates can too. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well one thing that is different here is I believe explicit collusion would be legal whereas is is illegal for U.S. corporations selling in similar markets. It would be hard to enforce the agreements, and the more affiliates there are greater chance someone will defect. That's why if Party limits itself to a limited amount of affiliates, then I believe this type of collusion (implicit or explicit) is possible and may be even probable. All it takes is for one large affiliate to show the other what is at stakes if someone decides to cheat in one period to increase their profits and steal the some of the other affiliate's business away.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:40 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wtf did these affiliates do to earn thousands of dollars from me? It was bad enough when they were earning 2.5% of my rake, but now they are going to be gouging us for 5% with the tacit approval of Party Poker. Unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]

affiliates are like car salesmen. they have an incentive to take you on at any amount under what theyre receiving from party. so treat them like car salesmen.
step 1: go to affiliate a and get the best deal you can. tell them youll think about it.
step 2: go to affiliate b and say "someone offered me x%. will you beat that?" if they say no, forget them. but they wont, theyll say yes because theyd rather have less free money than nothing. if they say yes, tell them youll think about it. go back to affiliate a and repeat (or some new one if you want.)

with a tiny bit of work you should be able to secure yourself as close as you want to the % an affiliate is actually getting. and many will sweeten the pot with deals, contests, freerolls, etc.

since 25% is out there, affiliates (some at least) are getting 30 (edit: probably. im not an affiliate and dont know any personally). its a longshot, but 35 might be out there (if not right away then possible for some affiliates to attain.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I do know they get a lot of pressure from their affiliate managers to not give more than a certain amount. I don't know anyone who got more than 30% at Eurobet. if they did, the affiliate would have to trust that person enough to not tell anyone. if word got out that someone was getting 32% then everyone would want 32% and the affiliate managers would be pissed. Even 30% was somewhat hush hush. All the Eurobet offers made you email them to request an offer.

it's very possible Party said that if they pay out >25%, they lose their affiliateship and forfeit any money they've accrued. if that's the case, it's not worth a big time affiliate risking his whole business for one person's 3%
Old 10-11-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do know they get a lot of pressure from their affiliate managers to not give more than a certain amount. I don't know anyone who got more than 30% at Eurobet. if they did, the affiliate would have to trust that person enough to not tell anyone. if word got out that someone was getting 32% then everyone would want 32% and the affiliate managers would be pissed. Even 30% was somewhat hush hush. All the Eurobet offers made you email them to request an offer.

it's very possible Party said that if they pay out >25%, they lose their affiliateship and forfeit any money they've accrued. if that's the case, it's not worth a big time affiliate risking his whole business for one person's 3%

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, thanks for the post. i dont understand the incentive party has to keep the rakeback % down though, why would they rather the affiliates have it than the players? it seems to me theyd rather give it to the players (some of whom it will keep in action longer). what am i missing?

do you think im wrong to wait? whats your plan?
Old 10-11-2005, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
interesting, thanks for the post. i dont understand the incentive party has to keep the rakeback % down though, why would they rather the affiliates have it than the players? it seems to me theyd rather give it to the players (some of whom it will keep in action longer). what am i missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think waiting for a few days is probably the best thing to do until there is a general idea of how the rakeback situation is going. Now regarding the player rakeback percentages, I think what is probably happening is that Party is giving a smaller percentage of the MGR back to the affiliate, which in turn makes the rakeback percentages for players smaller. I highly doubt the affilates are making more money now that Empire and Eurobet are gone.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:01 AM

I think it is a good time for everyone to log onto some obscure poker site and play SUPER MANIAC at the .10/.20 tables. Please let me know your site so I can be there to collect.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now regarding the player rakeback percentages, I think what is probably happening is that Party is giving a smaller percentage of the MGR back to the affiliate, which in turn makes the rakeback percentages for players smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i suspected at first, and it makes sense. but jeffw said that the highest %s are available to party affiliates, and i believe him.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:28 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well I don't know for sure, but I think originally it was capped at 30%. then Empire went to 35%, most likely due to competition from Eurobet. I would think that Party would rather not have affiliates bitching that they need 35% from them or people will go play on Prima or something.

as much bad things as I've said about Party not knowing how to run a business, man are they looking good now. they have all of us where they want us. I'm surprised they are even giving 30%
Old 10-11-2005, 03:47 AM

FWIW...I got 32% on Eurobet w/ an affiliate w/ a banner on 2+2
Old 10-11-2005, 03:53 AM

Any idea how this would work for those with existing accts.?

Thanks. PT
Old 10-11-2005, 03:55 AM

go to internet and affiliate forums. theres about 45 threads there.