Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Lost (spoiler for the west coasters)

Just a moment before I had said aloud - somebody really needs to take that gun away from that stupid [censored].

Well, there you go. Thank you for killing off hotness, a completely non-renewable resource on this show.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, there you go. Thank you for killing off hotness, a completely non-renewable resource on this show.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true, this island is magically. Maybe a bunch of hot supermodels will be "the others" in season 3.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As much as people gripe about stories not being explained, a lot does get explained. Besides, there isnt anything better on TV to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]
Veronica Mars runs on the same time-slot as Lost.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:43 AM

This episode reminds me of this old joke.
Two men and a woman are trapped on an island and can’t figure out how to leave the island. The trees didn’t float and couldn’t be made into a raft and so on and so forth.

So eventually nature takes its course and both of the men end up having sex with the woman.

However the woman starts feeling bad about having sex with both the men and can’t pick one over the other. She gets so torn up about it that she committs suicide.

So now there are only the two men stuck on the island, and one thing leads to another, nature takes its course...

One day one of the men says to the other "I don’t feel right about this, I mean, I think this is wrong. We have to stop." so the other man is very understanding and agrees with the other and they decide to stop.

The next morning the two men bury the woman.

Anyways...It seems like the OTHERS have figured out how to use telepathy to put voices and images in their heads...could the others be one of the experiments gone wrong?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the best thing to do is to wait for season 2 DVD's come out and watch them all with a block buster pass. The thing about this show is its really SLOW...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed but I will add, watch it at 2X speed to filter through all the fluff. It's so transparent that they are trying to stretch the story to the point where they can reach syndication. This should have been two seasons and done but they got greedy.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:55 PM

i'm getting extremely bored with the background stories. the following background stories are boring and ALMOST pointless: sun/jin, michael, boone/shannon, locke, charlie...the only background story i really enjoy is hurley's story.

season 2 is disappointing to say the least, i will continue to watch and hope it gets better. guess i was wrong about Shannon, she is too big for tv! lol
Old 11-14-2005, 06:33 PM

So, in one scene, they show Rodriguez shout "Run!" and then cut away. It's not raining, IIRC. Then they have some scenes, followed by one of Shannon running after Walt's image in the forest. She shouts Walt. Sayeed shouts after her "Shannon stop" or whatever. Rodriguez, with Michael and some of the other of the group standing right next to her, shoots a skinny blond girl in a pick jumpsuit, dead center with one shot. Apparently Michael doesn't recognize Shannon's voice nor hear her shouting "Walt!", and doesn't warn Rodriguez not to shoot? And no one heard no one heard "Shannon wait", either. Oh, and now it's raining.

Not very beleivable.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, in one scene, they show Rodriguez shout "Run!" and then cut away. It's not raining, IIRC. Then they have some scenes, followed by one of Shannon running after Walt's image in the forest. She shouts Walt. Sayeed shouts after her "Shannon stop" or whatever. Rodriguez, with Michael and some of the other of the group standing right next to her, shoots a skinny blond girl in a pick jumpsuit, dead center with one shot. Apparently Michael doesn't recognize Shannon's voice nor hear her shouting "Walt!", and doesn't warn Rodriguez not to shoot? And no one heard no one heard "Shannon wait", either. Oh, and now it's raining.

Not very beleivable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you want to talk about unbelievable, there is a long list:

they are on a plane flight that happens to crash. It is somewhere over the pacific ocean, but they happen to land on an island. As if this weren't unbelievable enough, The island is not normal, but it has monsters, hatches, sickness, black stuff, others, magic numbers, and the ability to cure paralisis. This is beyond unbelievable, it's absurd. There is plenty more, but I don't want to write it out. I suggest you suspend your disbelief.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:29 PM

They are obviously milking this show for all that they can. The first season was way better so far. But it's like another poster said, what else is there to watch on TV?

[ QUOTE ]

Not very beleivable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same gripe with this episode. It's just plain stupid. Rodriguez is with 4 or 5 other men, not to mention that one of them is a reincarnation of shaft and is wielding a f'ing battle axe. But apparently she finds this frail 110 pound blonde enough of a threat to fire off her last round.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:36 PM

i wondered about that scene and the rain, but it seems that the rain comes down superfast..remember when idiot-boy locke predicted the rain with boone? the rain comes down fast, a little out of place in that final scene. i hope sayiid (sp?) strangles her.