Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 03:00 PM

Default Re: 2 Party hands, Kukavica, Fucngr8t

hand 1: pf oop vs. kuk w/ 54o is a fold. if you've been folding your sb too much lately and he thinks you are playing tightly (which doesn't seem to be the case here) you can raise b/c his requirements vs. you and his perception of your tighter image would get him to fold more hand and you'd know a bit more where you were. even then, 54o isn't really the ideal hand to do that with.

id check call the diamond turn there and lead the river calling if raised.

Hand 2: there are very very few people against whom i think KJo is a 3bet from the bb given the position of the raiser...fucngr8t is one of them imo. this guy opens w/ some very shocking hands. further, the bets on flop, turn, and river are decreasing on the margin in value imo. that being said, i still like it b/c he can certainly call w/ a worse K or Q thinking you are moving him off a hand better than JJ/TT/99/88. but given calls on all streets the probability you lose to a naked ace are way bigger but not enough to warrant not betting the river...which is why the value of the bet decreases w/ each bet you put out there given the previous action.

Barron
Old 11-25-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paluka: How do you play the river on hand number 2, please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played with that psycho Fucngr8t in a while, but I have a hard time finding a river bet here. I think betting is probably correct though. You aren't going to fold if he bets, and if he was going to raise you he would have already. He will often call you with a worse hand, because he blows.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
merely for "hey look at me i'm not scared of you i'll c/r you with a v mediocre holding"

[/ QUOTE ]

Defenitely, it's for some future purposes as it's quite often i'll be in SB when it's folded around and he will be in BB, so i want to teach him not-to-bet-if-checked-to too often so i could fold to his bet in future less uncertain.

Of course i'm nearly never use such play in vacuum but against him - i would make it with middle pair-no flush as well cause he could have vacuum too often here also. Though i hate myself for not betting river in hand 1.

In immediate future there was another hand vs him in another table where i guess he give me more bets then he usually do, though i could be wrong:

He raised in MP1, LP called and i 3-bet out of BB with AKo. Flop is AKK-rainbow.
I bet, he raised,LP folded, i 3-bet, he capped, and i call.

turn is blank. I check and call.
river is blank. I check and raised, he calls and show KT.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:47 PM

I haven't played with either but...

Hand 1: I'd probably muck here most of the time pre-flop and just end it. However... How often do you see him raising your river bet here when you aren't beat? It doesn't seem like he's going to raise worse hands very often here. I think it might just be best to let small diamonds (less likely), straights, sets to call and to just bet the river. If I think he'll auto-bet then maybe I check otherwise it seems like it just lets him make a perfect decision and it seems a lot of better hands will still just call.

Hand 2: Against the type you 3-bet KJo against then this line is quite fine. At this point I'm not expecting much in terms of being raised and against the light openers you could see enough weaker Ks or whatever pair that decided to call down.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:43 PM

Hand 1: Checkraising the turn then check calling the river = lol

Hand 2: Looks standard.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:11 AM

Default Results

1 hand. Kukavica shows Q4o without diamond.

2 hand. Fucngr8t shows Q9o.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Results

Hand 1, did he bet or check?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Results

Check.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:43 PM

In Hand 1, the J, T, 9, or 7 of diamonds might fold to a turn bet/3-bet. If you were willing to put in 3 bb anyways, I think this is a better line. Plus, if he just calls the turn, you can value bet the river and fold to a raise.