Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:02 PM

Default In too deep(gimmick account thread)

Kind of inspired by the dating dumb girls post...

My girl and I have been going out about 1.5 years now. We live together and work together, which most people say is too much time together but it never has been. Lately we've been fighting a lot, if not every day. Our fights have been getting progressively worse, and more than a few times I've wanted to break up but she won't let me go. Her past is WAY different than mine. Not to go into it but it's basically a mess, her mom abandoned her family multiple times and cheated etc etc. After about 8 months into our relationship, she revealed she had herpes. I wanted to break up with her so bad but obviously I didnt. I feel like part of me still resents that to this day.

I started a new school a few months ago and met a really really amazing girl who thinks I'm single, and we've became really good friends with the opportunity for more. With all our fighting and [censored], I really want to explore this opportunity but I dont know how to break it off with my girlfriend. I dont want to do the stupid "lets take a break" thing. Any ideas, I really need help
Old 12-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: In too deep(gimmick account thread)

Dear Herpes-Girl with Abandonment Issues,

I'm breaking up with you.

From,

AwesomeBaby

(Alternatively show her this thread. Or PM me her e-mail and I'll do it.)
Old 12-05-2005, 05:05 PM

Dear Gimmick Account,

DTMFA

Regretfully,

--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 05:07 PM

dump the skank.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:07 PM

I was in this situation once. I had to threaten the girl with a restraining order.

Act sooner, rather than later.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:14 PM

Sounds like my past relationship, only without the herpes.

1. Break up with her. Leave. Go far away from her as possible. Why is this even a problem?

2. Test yourself for herpes so you don't spread them to other people.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:15 PM

So either you stay together and you are both miserable or you break up, you aren't miserable, and she is for a little while? I don't see why you would stay with her if you don't have the same feelings for her, are always fighting, and want to date this other girl (who, by deception, thinks you are single). I know things aren't black and white like this and that you live with your current girl, but you just need to end it. How good is your current job? How hard would it be for you to find a different one? You are in a tough spot, but it isn't like the situation can't work out in the end. And if your current girl can't "let you go" then maybe she is co-dependent. Which means she doesn't really want to be with you anyway. She just wants to be with somebody.

craig
Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Introduce her to that guy

On a more serious note, just tell her that you are tired of the fighting and that you want you want to end the relationship. Don't go into details or start a big monologue about how it's not her but you... Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:20 PM

If you feel like the normal "let's break up" won't cut it, then you have to do whatever it takes to get out of there. Make sure she understands that it's over in clear simple language. Raise your voice. Get angry if you have to. I had to do this once, and it felt soooo good getting out of that relationship. Even after I stormed out of her place, she still thought we were just fighting. At this point, doesn't seem that "being just friends" is an option. Dump her. It's not worth it.

ScottieK
Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "short"? There is no way this breakup takes less than 2 weeks. During the time of him moving out (or her) there will be constant fighting, crying, begging, pleading, re-considering, etc....

craig