Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 AM

Default 15/30, do you complete damn near anything in the SB?

Haven't played with a 2/3rd blind before. Is there anything you should fold in the SB in an unraised pot? The pot odds are so gigantic it seems everything would be playable.

An in a raised pot, do you treat only somewhat tigher than what you'd play out of the BB? Calling 1.33 small bets gives you better odds than you'd normally get out fo the SB?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 AM

Default Re: 15/30, do you complete damn near anything in the SB?

yes, i complete damn near everything
Old 11-28-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't played with a 2/3rd blind before. Is there anything you should fold in the SB in an unraised pot? The pot odds are so gigantic it seems everything would be playable

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the standard advice. Just remember you often need to give it up if BB raises.

I'd look left and see who's there. You need to exercise some discretion if BB raises a tremendous amount. Just because he's throwing his money away doesn't mean he can't take yours with it.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:24 AM

What is the standard on folding to you in the SB? Are you raising damn near anything and completing some others? Do you ever complete, then fold? Do you ever just fold?
Old 11-28-2005, 01:24 AM

Pretty much anything, though that occasional raise sucks and they always know when I completed with junk.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the standard advice. Just remember you often need to give it up if BB raises.

I'd look left and see who's there. You need to exercise some discretion if BB raises a tremendous amount. Just because he's throwing his money away doesn't mean he can't take yours with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, excellent point. I don't want to get in the habit of being completely indiscriminate out of the SB.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:53 AM

I still fold the complete trash if there's only one or 2 limpers to me. The odds aren't that different to being at a full table and everyone limps, and you would still fold complete trash here on the button (when you are actually in position). I am more inclined to fold when the players in the pot are tricky/aggressive/loose postflop. Even though your hot and cold equity may be good, your OOP and going to pay quite a lot to find out if your Middle-Pair no kicker is OK, or else may well fold the best hand.

I play fairly loose out of the SB to a raise in volume pots, just a bit tighter than in the BB.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still fold the complete trash if there's only one or 2 limpers to me. The odds aren't that different to being at a full table and everyone limps, and you would still fold complete trash here on the button (when you are actually in position).

[/ QUOTE ]

Immediate odds may be the same, but you have 3 time the implied odds. This inīt completely true as you will have more opposition to continue against when you overlimp on the button, but at the same time, you will be able to profitably continue with your trash more often when you have few opponent from the SB.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Thanks folks, the feedback was good. Soon as I read some of the posts I immediately looked at the BB on my left and saw he was about a 6% PFR, so I completed every single unraised pot with limpers. Got yelled at severely when a 72o hand hit a K72r flop [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Felt wierd, very loose, and I had to watch that I didn't let myself loosen up in other positions. Kind of fun though (at least at a passive table) to pretty much play any 2 cards once each orbit.