Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Would doing this be deemed \"suspicious activity\"?

I too don't play much at empire except for bonuses and the occasional MTT. Since they don't like bonus whores I sense that I won't be doing so in the future. I understand their position and I think it is very fair from a business standpoint.

I however am canadian and party and empire has a very nice cashout system for us canadians. Instead of transfering money into our neteller accounts and then into our banks, we can directly withdraw our cashouts straight to our bank accounts. This saves us the 2% neteller fee as the exchange rate is much better.
In the last few weeks I have notice party increasing the currency exchange rate a bit on these EFT transfers. Therefore I know that they are making some money off our cashouts when we exchange the funds into canadian currency.

Now my dilemma is this. Since I don't play much there except for the occasional MTT, I play at other online poker sites but they don't have the EFT cashout system that empire has. Saving 2% is a lot as for me as I play in some of the higher limits online and I do frequently cash out more than 10-15K a month.

If I don't play at empire for example but yet I'm using their cashout system to cash out funds by depositing into empire and then withdrawing it to my bank, would they still be ok with this? It certainly would raise the red flag for money laundering even though what I'm doing (and I'm sure other canadians too) are legitamate and just using their EFT method of cashouts to our benefit.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Would doing this be deemed \"suspicious activity\"?

Doubt it would be considered suspicious activity. But it is possible that after a while they would prefer you not to do it and let you know. If I was you, I would probably give them some action on the deposits before doing it. The skins don't like to be banks.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doubt it would be considered suspicious activity. But it is possible that after a while they would prefer you not to do it and let you know. If I was you, I would probably give them some action on the deposits before doing it. The skins don't like to be banks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. In the past I would play there when there are bonuses to keep my account active. Now it looks like this avenue is closed. Even if I do play there I won't be playing enough to warrant all the money I'm moving from different sites. I calculated it and it looks like party/empire makes about .5% off every exchange transaction from canadians so they are still making some money when we move money to our banks, thus why I'm not too sure if they are ok with this.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:12 PM

Deposit, play a few tournies and cash out. I doubt they would have a problem with this.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean. In the past I would play there when there are bonuses to keep my account active. Now it looks like this avenue is closed. Even if I do play there I won't be playing enough to warrant all the money I'm moving from different sites. I calculated it and it looks like party/empire makes about .5% off every exchange transaction from canadians so they are still making some money when we move money to our banks, thus why I'm not too sure if they are ok with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we were dealing with normal companies I would suggest you to mail them and ask. But history tells us it is better to just go ahead and do it and have them let you know if they don't like it. Loose lips sink ships.

Your money isn't really at risk here, but it would of course be most practical for you to be able to do this when you want. So basically it is all about you finding out where their breaking point is when it comes to the action you give them. Since we are talking about significant sums I would expect them to want you to give them quite a bit of action.