Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 07:32 AM

Default **THE OFFICIAL** HIGHER BUY-IN PROJECT ** THREAD

This thread was really started by Jman here but he's going out of town and I thought I'd try and give something back to the forum by getting the ball rolling on this one.

I'm sure we all agree that we could DEFINATELY use a higher buy-in SNG, it would have a trickle down effect that would soften up most, if not all, of the games we play. As I am currently trying to move up to the 109's, I will certainly be a beneficiary if this works out.

The only real way I can think of to get Party to change the structure, is to send them emails, and wait for a response. I crafted a letter which I will post as a reply to this thread, which should work well for our first go at this.

Please everybody that reads this, take a moment for your fellow SNGers and copy and paste the letter into an email and send it to ALL of the following addresses:

games@partypoker.com
tournaments@partypoker.com
info@partypoker.com

I'm sure they will all just forward it to the same person, but then that person will have 3 emails from you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Three emails from all of us, then a couple more different letters in the next week or two...and I personally think we have a real shot at getting something done here. And oh how awe$$$$ome that would be!!

Any suggestions on how else to attack this problem, please post here...and anything you get back from them.

AND EVERYBODY WHO SENDS THE EMAILS REPLY TO THIS THREAD!!

LETS DO THIS!!!!!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:34 AM

Default Re: **THE OFFICIAL** HIGHER BUY-IN PROJECT ** THREAD

***FILL IN YOUR INFO AT THE BOTTOM***

(SUBJECT LINE) Make one up, a bunch of different ones will make this seem less 'spammy'

To Whom it May Concern:

I am a regular patron of your site and I spend a great deal of time playing your ‘Sit-N-Go’ tournaments. I have noticed, as have others who I know who play these tournaments often, that the games seem to be getting more difficult lately at the upper levels of play, specifically in the $100+9 and $200+15 tournaments. This concerns me, as it should concern you, due to the fact that if this continues many of the regular players will begin leaving the tournaments at your site.

At present, there seems to be a ‘traffic jam’ of players at the levels I stated above. What would alleviate this a great deal, in my opinion, would be to open up higher games as you have done with your No-Limit ‘ring’ games. A $500 buy-in tournament would be excellent, and you may even do well to add a regular (non Step) $1000 tournament. I am certain if you were to open up these higher Sit-N-Go tournaments that the games at the lower levels would be better for us regulars and we both would benefit.

I thank you for taking the time to review this request.

Regards,

YOUR FULL NAME
YOUR USERNAME (YOUR SCREENAME IN PARENTHESES)
YOUR PHONE NUMBER
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
Old 07-03-2005, 07:55 AM

very nice job...I already sent 2 emails.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:24 AM

Out of curiosity, the only real benefit to having higher tables that are non STEP related is so that the skins have the games too. Is that correct? Otherwise, I don't know why the STEPs are not the preferred choice, as it virtually guarantees more amateurs at the higher tables.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Scuba
Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 AM

the payout format is also not the standard
Old 07-03-2005, 01:59 PM

the STEPS aren't enough. After curtains mastered 8 tabeling the $200s he wanted to move up so he tried out the steps but he ran into two problems: the different payout structure was difficult to adjust to, and more importantly the games just didn't run often enough. If $500 SNGs were added it would give $215 multitabelers a much greater incentive to move up.

all 3 sent
Old 07-04-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the STEPS aren't enough. After curtains mastered 8 tabeling the $200s he wanted to move up so he tried out the steps but he ran into two problems: the different payout structure was difficult to adjust to, and more importantly the games just didn't run often enough. If $500 SNGs were added it would give $215 multitabelers a much greater incentive to move up.

all 3 sent

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they need to be in the SNG tab, and then they would run a lot more often.
Old 07-03-2005, 10:43 AM

All 3 sent
Old 07-03-2005, 11:07 AM

I'd suggest not everyone use the same exact letter as the support staff will quickly realize what is happening and call shenannigans.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:52 AM

I know (or assume) Party is in charge of what games can be played on their network. But would it be a good idea to send out 3 emails to each of the skins you play at as well?

It isn't a lot of work to send out this email and it just might have a ripple effect all the way back to Party.