Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Default multitabling six-max question

I have a quick question for those of you who multitable six-max tables: do you still get genuine enjoyment out of playing, or has it become little more than a mechanical grind?

I ask because I've generally single-tabled six-max, for a few reasons: (1) I want to improve my reading skills; (2) my monitors aren't large enough to avoid significant overlap, even of just 2 tables; and (3) I assumed multitabling wouldn't be that much fun.

But I've also realized recently that single-tabling has its own set of frustrations. It simply takes forever to ride out the natural fluctations playing only one table at a time (particularly if you are juggling many other commitments). And building a genuinely adequate BR for the next level at six-max seems to take forever while single-tabling.

Before I go ahead and purchase another monitor - which I think is necessary for me to multitable with any success - can you multitablers just tell me whether you truly find that enjoyable? Or has it become solely about the money, at this point?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: multitabling six-max question

I still enjoy sitting down to play.

Krishan
Old 11-02-2005, 01:11 PM

I generally 2- or 3-table, and its still enjoyable. When I'm not burned out. And when I'm winning.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:12 PM

I usually 2 or 3 table, in that case I'm still able to 'enjoy' the game and notice what players are doing and on the other hand it's much less boring than playing on one table.

But it's ofcourse different for everyone.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:13 PM

Its still fun to play. Single-tabling would be boring to me, mulitabling is not.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:30 PM

I can't stand single tabling anymore. I 3table 6max or 4 table full ring.

jvs
Old 11-02-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still enjoy sitting down to play.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I spent a good amount of time 6-8 tabling, but i've spent the past 2 weeks 2-3 tabling in an effort to sharpen my game, and move up. I've found that my play didn't change all that much, so I'll likely be back to 4-6 tabling again later this week.

It's definitely still fun. I have to take more frequent breaks when i'm playing lots of tables, though.

Surf
Old 11-02-2005, 01:41 PM

multitabling with overlap sucks a lot of ass. I've been 3 tabling over a 1024/760 res for months or something (and 4 tabling over two of those screens) - but its still way more fun. two tabling with overlap isn't that bad at all.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:46 PM

I 4 table 6 max 1/2 when I play...

I don't really enjoy poker online anymore, which is a problem. However, I have about a thousand bucks on the credit card, so I am playing until I pay it off, then I might take what I have left of the bankroll and reassess if I want to play hold em online anymore.

I enjoy Big 2, PLO8, and even NL hold em tourneys and live game poker. But grinding limit poker gets aggrivating very quickly to me.
Old 11-02-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
multitabling with overlap sucks a lot of ass. I've been 3 tabling over a 1024/760 res for months or something (and 4 tabling over two of those screens) - but its still way more fun. two tabling with overlap isn't that bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why people handicap themselves while playing poker. Why haven't you bought a moniter that supports 1600x1200? They cost less than $200. I have 2 I don't even use any more.

Krishan