Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: PartyGaming Press Release

[ QUOTE ]
Great. Now what does any of what you just typed have to do with party splitting off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simplified version

Fish play BJ - Pros make less money - Pros quit - Party stock goes down - The only way to get players is to have players, online poker folk lore.

This change is bad for players, and bad for Party.

Mack
Old 10-09-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, this is pure and simple a bad idea for Party and its stock-holders, give it some time and this will clearly be shown to be the worst piece of financial mis-management in the history of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to exaggerate, but you might be the dumbest person since the Big Bang.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:38 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great. Now what does any of what you just typed have to do with party splitting off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simplified version

Fish play BJ - Pros make less money - Pros quit - Party stock goes down - The only way to get players is to have players, online poker folk lore.

This change is bad for players, and bad for Party.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Mack, you say that the reason party is succesful is because it has soft games. Then you lament that all the bad poker players are all of a sudden going to jump over to blackjack, and thus the pro's will leave the poker tables and go elsewhere.

You make ZERO sense. If the poker games are soft (which I believe they are) then pro's leaving these tables will not affect them, since pro's do not create soft games, they prey upon them.

A lot of people play poker because they enjoy going all-in and bluffing. They just can't do that with black jack. Please return when you have a clue.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:41 PM

please please
give me a gun and let me kill the tool that did this
Old 10-09-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wonder if party will ever reach 70k users again

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably by Monday .

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-09-2005, 02:50 PM

They told me I'm too old to party.

I say the party's just beginning.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:59 PM

On a serious note Mike: Have you considered the possibility that you are being used as an accessory to commit stock fraud?. (Serious question). If this thing blows up, you can be charged with several counts of fraud, including wire fraud, mail fraud, and as you have helped and abetted this "scheme" on several occasions, I believe they can also apply you the RICO act.

I think you may be an unsuspecting victim, but ignorance of the law is no excuse for landing in jail...

Good luck in the future.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wonder if party will ever reach 70k users again

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhh, don't you get it, they never had 70k users. I played on 3 different skins. So me multiplied by everyone else that does this equals 10000+ duplicate accounts. It's going to be interesting to see what sunday nights totals bring for Party, cuz I don't see them skyrocketing from there initial player base in 2 weeks.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...bye bye skins...bye bye JudoGirl screename...it was fun Empire, but over to Party I go...was never getting rakeback, so it doesn't make sense to stay...too bad I can't use my JudoGirl screenname at Party...

ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

[/ QUOTE ]

u do judo? what rank r u. i am also a judoka and compete. i was east coast champion last year. i also do BJJ and muy thai.hit me up on aim so we can discuss stuff including this [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is quite simply the best post ever on 2+2.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:54 PM

This loss of rakeback hysteria may or may not be warranted. I tend to think that other sites will pick up the slack for the pros and daily mulit-tablers. Party will also get a portion of the multi-tablers who think they bad players make it worth their while.

I find it amusing though that so many people assume that if a corporation's decision has a negative impact on them personally, it must be a bad business decision. I am certain that Party had people crunching the numbers for some time before making this move. I would further assume that they have a better grasp on how this will affect their profitability than a random sampling of people with limited information and little business education.

I think the vast majority of Party's customer base have never heard of rakeback or a skin and will continue playing just as they always have.