Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Colorado Sports theme label ideas for my chip set

Are you going to add denoms?

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Colorado Sports theme label ideas for my chip set

I hadn't intended to put on denominations as I play in both low stakes and tournament format games. My normal poker group primarily just uses 3 colors primarily and up to 6 for tournaments. I like the flexibility of mixing it up a bit and not having to use certain chips for set values.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 PM

Default Mock-ups - some examples

I played with my photo software and came up with these mock-ups of how the labels might look on the NexGens. Tried some different combinations. Some look better than others. May have to try some other color combos. What do you think?

I like the Nuggets, Broncos and CSU Ram on black, leaning towards Avs on white instead of red, the Rockies looked better on red than on purple. The CU Buffalo didn't look good on the black chip with the green markings - so may try that on a yellow chip. Will keep trying some other color combos.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:01 AM

Default Re: Mock-ups - some examples

I like the Rockies on the purple better than the red. The Avs (as much as I hate to admit it) looks pretty good on the white chip with red edgespots (red and white, go figure [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) Personally, I like the CU buffalo on the black chip, but if you like the ram better, hey, they're your chips. All in all, a nice set, though. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-07-2005, 10:00 PM

Default More mock-ups - single theme

Thought I'd try doing a single team theme just to see what that might look like. Added denominations to this one as well. This one is a Bronco theme with 4 colors.

Old 01-08-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Mock-ups - some examples

Nice looking chips.
I like them without demons.
Only thing that I wondered about was maybe moving the Rockies logo upwards on the chip a bit --- until the round arch in the logo is concentric with the chip. That would also move the word "Rockies" closer to be on a diametral line. It might leave too much whitespace at the bottom of the label, or it might look better.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:27 AM

Default Re: More mock-ups - single theme

I love the Bronco chips and agree that you should leave off the denominations

GO BRONCOS!!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Those are great... looks like you need more chips!

Makes me want to be a Broncos fan [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm in the denom crowd so I like 'em as is. Nice job in matching edge/chip colors and I like the way you shadowed the denoms. My felling with denoms is it makes it easier for tourneys where you could have a large crowd (including folks that may not play regularly). They'd certainly look good w/o denoms and you would have more flexibilty so either way.

If you were choosing one I'd go with how big a fan you are of the other Colorado teams vs being a Broncos fanatic. I do think the first set needs a little work with regard to fine tuning the color/color scheme.

- Fins

PS... looks like you may know this but I figure I'd pass it on in case you don't... and for others
One tip posted on another board that this design incorporates is the ability to bleed... that is especially if your printing them yourself make the outer ring oversized to print off the label. It can be hard to align all the labels on a sheet... typically first few rows are perfect but then they get off slightly increasing every row or so. If you oversize and print outside the labels the off centering will be less noticable and look better.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:24 PM

I would dump the Bronco chip after their horrible defeat today.[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Makes me want to be a Broncos fan [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-09-2005, 05:36 PM

ouch