Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 11:39 AM

Default Middle pair against two calling stations

Neither opponent in this hand was very aggressive unless they had a very strong hand. They would call liberally on the flop and turn with any pair, and draw and overcards, and I am certain would play any A and probably virtually any K pre-flop. What would you do on the turn (or anything differently previous?)

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero ???
Old 07-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Middle pair against two calling stations

[ QUOTE ]
Neither opponent in this hand was very aggressive unless they had a very strong hand. They would call liberally on the flop and turn with any pair, and draw and overcards, and I am certain would play any A and probably virtually any K pre-flop. What would you do on the turn (or anything differently previous?)

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Checks the flop and see what develops since there are still three players left to act after him.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:51 AM

I would check then fold if no one else calls. There are two overcards, and you are likely drawing to 6 outs (4 J's, 2 T's, the queens are tainted due to the fact that anyone with a J would then have a straight to beat your two pair). With six outs, you will need a bet and everyone to call to make it profitable.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:58 AM

I would check the flop, bet out if you had a king, but not with MP with all those players still left to act
Old 07-11-2005, 12:00 PM

I really hate betting the flop, especially given your reads.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:37 PM

The pot is small. Check/fold the turn.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:40 PM

Check the flop. Check the turn too.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:48 PM

Betting the flop OOP here is a bad idea because you will not fold any kings and instead you'll fold weak tens/no pairs. With these kinds of hands (suited connectors, small suited broadway), you really want to hit the flop hard since you are OOP and will be unable to make any free card moves. This flop did not hit you hard. You have no flush redraws and a weak backdoor straight redraw. With a small pot and no real solid backdoor draws, I probably check/fold. If you think your opponents liberally play Kx and Ax, then that flop should really back you away from betting into them, and once the turn A hits, you are basically done with the hand.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:54 PM

Default Results and thoughts

I should have focussed more on my flop decision than my turn one. The consensus is to check the flop. I bet out because I hate giving these guys free cards, and a flop raise usually means I am beat. The pot is very small though, and your points are well taken; usually with that many opponents, I'll be beat.

On the turn, I checked as did my opponents. The river was a brick, and again it got checked through, and my hand actually won (first guy had a T lower kicker, and the second had J9 looking for the gutshot).
Old 07-11-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
On the turn, I checked as did my opponents. The river was a brick, and again it got checked through

[/ QUOTE ] I think a bet on the river would have been in order.