Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Check-raise the turn here, or 3-bet the flop?

My buddy claims I should have called the flop raise after I bet out, and waited to see if the flush card hit, and if it didn't, to check-raise the turn. I feel I played it right by 3-betting and taking control of the hand. Also does anyone raise in the BB with AQo pre-flop?

Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
Old 01-26-2005, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Check-raise the turn here, or 3-bet the flop?

I raise preflop.

The pot is already large on the flop, and you have someone playing back at you. Keep on betting!
Old 01-26-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Check-raise the turn here, or 3-bet the flop?

I'd raise this preflop.

Your line is good. You've got a good hand and can 3-bet for value, plus you may fold out, say, someone holding the lone K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Note villain could be raising for a free card here, and whiffing a turn check-raise would really suck.