Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 02:17 PM

Default AKo .... i put in 1 small bet postflop and i flopped an ace

i think this may be standard but im just checking. (standard given the choice to call the flop)

good game. 2 limpers (unknown) and a loose fish raises folded to me and i 3bet both blinds come and 1 limper folds 1 calls and pfraiser calls.

flop is As9d7c. perfect. but now the sb bets right out. bb calls, folded to pfraiser who calls and i decide what a perfect spot to wait until the turn as long as its a good one. so i call. turn is Ts and sb bets bb raises pfraiser cold calls and i fold.

-Barron
Old 07-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: AKo .... i put in 1 small bet postflop and i flopped an ace

perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:15 PM

i like raising the flop. the main reason i amost always raise the flop and not the turn is that i find in a game where you are seeing multiway flops frequently the types of playes that are in it are generally willing to put a few bets in on the flop fishing for a pair or to turn a set. However, once the turn comes along and it's a big bet and not a small bet they are out of there for one bet. so i think you get more action from players who are making a mistake by putting money in the pot when they shouldn't by raising the flop. they tend to play more correctly on the turn. given the way things went down i like the turn fold.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like raising the flop. the main reason i amost always raise the flop and not the turn is that i find in a game where you are seeing multiway flops frequently the types of playes that are in it are generally willing to put a few bets in on the flop fishing for a pair or to turn a set. However, once the turn comes along and it's a big bet and not a small bet they are out of there for one bet. so i think you get more action from players who are making a mistake by putting money in the pot when they shouldn't by raising the flop. they tend to play more correctly on the turn. given the way things went down i like the turn fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point.

raise the flop.

-Barron
Old 07-10-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perfect. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

read NYplayer's post and i dont think you'll think so.

-Barron
Old 07-10-2005, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent point.

raise the flop.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reminded of the "Two Overpair Hands" section in SSH. This hand plays like AA in that spot: you can't knock anyone out, your hand has a lot of equity, and most turn cards don't change your equity much. So you should push your edge on the flop.