Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 09:57 PM

Default I made it! 10K checkup at .50/1

Phew! Finally made 10K hands tonight at the .50/1 level.

I think I've made good progress in pre-flop playing standards. Post-flop play definitely needs work. Any insights, or advice to identify leaks, I'd really appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Wasn't able to include images in my post so here are links.

Part 1
Part 2

P.S. can someone PM me offline or give me a clue how to include images? Using the [image] tags did not work for me with my web host (imagehosting.us). Thanks!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: I made it! 10K checkup at .50/1

#1 I couldnt read it very well because it was shrunk down so if i misread this, my bad and #2 I am not very experienced. That said, I noticed that you never checked after a PF raise, not once. Seems to me like there are some times when it is correct to check like when you raise with two black 8s and the flop comes JQK all hearts. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that you never checked after a PF raise, not once. Seems to me like there are some times when it is correct to check like when you raise with two black 8s and the flop comes JQK all hearts. Just my 2 cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I have definitely checked after a PF Raise. Under "First action on flop after a pre-flop raise" it says I check 8.35%.

The 0% figure you are seeing is Limp/Call Reraise PF. I haven't done it in 10K hands. I get the feeling that this is not a recommended action anyway. If I'm wrong, someone please tell me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 06-21-2005, 10:50 PM

ok my bad, just couldnt read it clearly.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. can someone PM me offline or give me a clue how to include images?

[/ QUOTE ]

Use something like imageshack that allows direct linking.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: I made it! 10K checkup [stats shown in-line]

Okay, re-hosted my stats (thanks topspin) for better readability:

Old 06-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Not many replies. Does this mean "no news is good news" and I'm doing okay? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 06:42 PM

At a quick glance it looks pretty good. You could try to increase your preflop raise a bit to around 9% or so. And increase your winrate too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also noticed that you fold a lot to a river bet (53%). Typical runs around 40% or so. But I have no idea how fast that number converges. Just be aware that you may be folding the best hand sometimes.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also noticed that you fold a lot to a river bet (53%). Typical runs around 40% or so. But I have no idea how fast that number converges. Just be aware that you may be folding the best hand sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, this is good to know when I deviate significantly from what's normal. I think I'm folding too much, just for one bet. Scare cards + a bet do get to me sometimes, so I need to keep this in mind and just put that chip in there. Get pleasantly surprised and drag the pot [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 07:41 PM

Along with having room to raise your PFR a bit you have room to raise your blind steal attempts a lot. This figure can be at 30 percent or above and is basically tied to raising in the CO or button, which are the strongest positions so you would expect to be at your most aggressive when you have a hand to play from those seats.

You may also be running poorly. Considering all your stats the W$WSF looks low and your WTSD percentage is not overly aggressive and yet your W$SD is close to 50, which is often what you see with players who have 35+ WTSD percentages because they are pushing a lot of marginal, but still +EV, edges and calling down some big pots where all you have to be is right about 1 out of 9 times to be making money.