Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: ESPN WSOP PLO coverage

I think Cunningham was just running a squeeze play to try to re-steal. He's not dumb enough to raise for value in that spot, and I'm not about to question his reads. He made a bad one, it happens.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Cunningham was just running a squeeze play to try to re-steal. He's not dumb enough to raise for value in that spot, and I'm not about to question his reads. He made a bad one, it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance AT ALL that williamson is messing around when he raises on a A66KA board, with 5 still in the hand though? I mean it doesn't even seem like a remote possibility. Hellmuth may very well have a lay-downable hand but I don't think there's any chance in hell Williamson has anything less than the near-nuts in this spot.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the set v. set v. set v. nut flush draw hand was fun to watch though.

[/ QUOTE ]

WSOP IS RIGGED
Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM

I enjoyed the coverage of this tourney a lot more than the coverage of the $2k + rebuys event. It's a shame they didn't film the $10k final table as well. ESPN should be kicking themselves too since the heads-up F-bomb drama would have made good tv.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I sat there and watched a game that was very different than the PLO that I play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Phil Ivey's game was quite similar to the way I play. I especialy liked the hand where he called the pot raise with QJxxds and bet out on the Jxx board. He correctly read the raise as AAxx, tried to make the aces hand lay down by representing JJxx, but then absolutely had the correct odds to call the all-in with his 11-outer. Phil Ivey rocks at PLO.

Another play I thought was great was Williamson making Ivey lay down his 2-pair aces/sixes by representing the nut straight on the turn with 99xx. vs. Ax76 board. He knows Ivey is a tight Omaha player, and even if he got called, he still had 4-outs. (sorry, I can't remember the xx cards right now.)
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another play I thought was great was Williamson making Ivey lay down his 2-pair aces/sixes by representing the nut straight on the turn with 99xx. vs. Ax76 board. He knows Ivey is a tight Omaha player, and even if he got called, he still had 4-outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, great hand. Williamson had KK99 suited in spades for a flush draw with straight blockers. The post-hand banter was classic.

Williamson: I had king high spades with it, with the straight draw.
Ivey: With a straight draw?
Williamson: I had a straight already... flr... str... straight originally.
Ivey: [nods, rolls eyes]

nh
Old 09-28-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Williamson: I had king high spades with it, with the straight draw.
Ivey: With a straight draw?
Williamson: I had a straight already... flr... str... straight originally.
Ivey: [nods, rolls eyes]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I also liked Ivey calling Hellmuth a goofball earlier in the show. This was probably my favorite episode of WSOP coverage this year.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance AT ALL that williamson is messing around when he raises on a A66KA board, with 5 still in the hand though? I mean it doesn't even seem like a remote possibility. Hellmuth may very well have a lay-downable hand but I don't think there's any chance in hell Williamson has anything less than the near-nuts in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any chance at all Cunningham is raising for value there? Uh... no.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any chance at all Cunningham is raising for value there? Uh... no.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right.... he's bluffing. We established that. The question was: is there any chance Cunningham's bluff will work? The answer is no. THus: terrible play, as everyone said.
Old 09-29-2005, 12:47 AM

You're right, I misinterpreted what your last post was saying.