Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Re: The hits just keep on coming. . . (NC)

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda strange that we chopped the tourney, but I made triple the profit. How did that work again? What was that you kept saying? Oh, yeah, REBUY!

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't help it, I got bit by the maniac bug. As long as I can reload, its all plus EV. Rebuys are the tool of the devil.

Did you just get up?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
Kinda strange that we chopped the tourney, but I made triple the profit. How did that work again? What was that you kept saying? Oh, yeah, REBUY!

I couldn't help it, I got bit by the maniac bug. As long as I can reload, its all plus EV. Rebuys are the tool of the devil.

Did you just get up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been up for hours!! Ok. . . hour.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is donktastic.....would you say this is indicative of the play on stars....i played some .5 1 PLO and it was very beatable for me....i do play a very agressive game that can have a ton of variance if it gets off track though.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wouldn't say this is indicitave of the play at stars, or any other online sites. But in the last week or two I have been seeing some really awful play.

You frequently get players paying pot sized bets with just openended straight draws which is bad enough.

I should mention that in live cash games the play is frequently much worse that this. You all would be amazed at some of the plays I've seen.

My favorite was a pot contested at the 10-25$ game during the WSOP when two players got it allin for around 9k with a flop of KQ2. One player held KQ2x, the other held A2xx, literally no draws whatsoever. One of the other opponents mucked the AA she raised with preflop.

It wouldn't be a great story if the case ace didn't fall and give the man the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty sure I saw the same thing where it is raised pot mutliway, the flop is AK7 or something (might have been lower to explain the play, but I dunno. raiser bets pot, call, JT23 c/r's pot and the raiser fold and caller calls. Turn is a Q and money gets in.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:45 PM

also, if you want really bad play, play the plo rebuy satellites.

they're donktastic.