Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 10:48 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Party rake ridiculous

This just in! Franco is still dead! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, we've discussed Party's rake a lot in here. It's pretty high, but the consensus is that the vast quantity of soft games compensates for the rake.

-Mike
Old 04-26-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. The 1/2-1 game on Party is exceptionally difficult to beat.. better left to the middle limit pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

3BB/100 is still possible, and I'm no middle limit pro. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pyramid

[/ QUOTE ] Hey. Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf is the point of posting something like this. Don't you have anything better to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is the point of posting something like this. Don't you have anything better to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people must know this is counter-productive. Couldn't you find a better way to spend your time. There are many good poker books out there. I could recommend a few if you need!

[/ QUOTE ]

these replies make me dizzy. it's like looking into a spiral.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-26-2005, 04:00 PM

Yes. It was meant as a joke because there are so many good Party 1/2-1 games. But as Rah said, it also contains some truth. I think it likely that a Party 1/2-1 game with avg pot $5.00 is more difficult to beat than the top 60% (by pot size) of Party 15/30 games - because of the punishing rake structure. I believe my line of thinking is consistent with the discussion of rake in Poker Essays.

But as to the OP, he is wrong or there are big holes in his game. With even rudimentary game selection skill, a person is better off in the Party, rather than Stars 1/2-1 games.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:06 PM

You can only play Party low limit ring games while working off a bonus. Which is a shame. At least for me.

But that was their choice to double the rake as everywhere else.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:04 PM

Everyone talks about the rake hike, and how hard it is to beat. You guys are failing to notice that Party has a new commercial on every other minute which is continually bringing in weak fish! These games are loose, and although the rake is high, I believe it is overcome by the number of fish!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone talks about the rake hike, and how hard it is to beat. You guys are failing to notice that Party has a new commercial on every other minute which is continually bringing in weak fish! These games are loose, and although the rake is high, I believe it is overcome by the number of fish!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to pay them 20k extra per year for them to bring in new players.

I save $60 per day playing at sites with lower rakes. I just can't afford the hit Party gives me in extra rake charges.

If you can, thats cool. I just can not.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt there is any real difference between the .50/1.00 games at Party and Stars. Stars is frequently over 40k players now - can't all be rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, must clearly have not ever played both .5/1 on stars and party. And to the guy who just said he can't afford the extra rake, my winrate on party is high enough above my winrate on any other site I've ever played that the difference in rake is not only made up for by this increase, but the profits are WAAY higher.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:04 PM

The thing I hate about the rake structure is that it is an action killer for me.

IF the pot is at 4.75 and we are heads-up for why [censored] bet the river? You are only getting 50c on the dollar for your bet.

Effectively though, Party's rake is equal to UB which has a much better structure. They rake in smaller 5% incremements. I wish party would rake the limit games like they do NL.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IF the pot is at 4.75 and we are heads-up for why [censored] bet the river? You are only getting 50c on the dollar for your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is meant to be hypothetical, but how about: You're up against a single weak-tight opponent, you were drawing with poor odds anyway, a scare card hits that doesn't complete your draw but you figure your opponent will lay down for a single bet for such a small pot?

Oh, wait, we're talking about Party $1/$2. Nevermind.