Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Why do Men Leave Thier Wives?

[ QUOTE ]
i have a question for married guys: what is it like to marry a hot young piece of ass and have her turn old and fat.

obviously, its gonna happen to most of us, as there arent too many 50 yo beauty queens out there.

has anyone been successful in marriage? are u still attracted to her? is the sex still good?

jesus im scared of marriage. seems like the worst posible thing you could do to a relationship after have children.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sort of attitiude is exactly the reason most marriages fail. People are way too superficial in what they look for in a partner.

Looks and are what intitally attracts us to women but what should keep you around is everything else. If your primary interest in a person is purely sexual than a marriage is doomed for failure. Most guys are so ruled by their dick they don't even stop to think whether or not they can have an interesting conversation with a girl before they get married.

I have a friend who was married at the age of 23 solely because she was a victoria's secret model (sorry guys no pics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) All his friends would tell him hey she is hot but she is dumber than a box of rocks. It only took 2 years before he got tired of her stupidity and now is 25, divorced, with an 8 month baby girl whose parents hate each other.

Marriage is about being in a partnership with another person and sex is only part of that partnership. It is a very important part, but still only just a part of the overall picture.

Before you even consider marrying someone ask yourself all those worst-case scenario questions and take sex out of the picture entirely. If you can't find any redeeming qualities that would make you want to spend time with her besides sex, buy yourself a blow up doll, you will be much happier with that than you will be with her
Old 06-12-2005, 02:36 PM

omg..beautifully written.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:21 PM

Default Re: I would add complacency and the.......

[ QUOTE ]

At the chiropractor office I go to, there is this women who works there who had an OK face but a ROCK-HARD body. Her body was the type that would HYPNOTIZE and MESMERIZE! She has been married for a month and she has already gained 15 lbs... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure she's not prego?
Old 06-12-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much it. But isn't there the phenomenon of the mistress in european culture? When the wife loses interest, she's even ok with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but it goes both ways. The wives have side lovers too.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the man is thinking: she is so beautiful, god i love her every movement, everything around her glows, okay lets have children, lets buy this washing machine, and get this insurance plan.

she is not thinking that he glows.

after she stops glowing, he is miserable because this life is not the one he imagined

[/ QUOTE ]

This is amazingly accurate.

From my Psychology of Gender textbook

Statistically, men fall in love more quickly than women do.
Men, in general, have more idealistic notions of romance than women do.
Women, in general, are more likely to fall out of love than men.
Women still do most of the housework and childcare, whether or not they have a job.

Things to consider.
Closed Thread