Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Negative Rakeback?

There are a bunch of people who insist that it never hurts to get rakeback. But every once in a while, I come across a post where somebody talks about how they got "negative rakeback" when they had a bonus subtracted from a small rakeback amount where they played just enough hands to play off a bonus. I recently read a long thread about how this has happened to many full tilt players, where they actually gave most of a bonus back after it was subtracted from RB. I would like to see some "experts" who call people "idiots for giving up free money" confront some people who claim that they have gotten negative rakeback. The mysterious fact that I never have seen this type of confrontation has made my 5-10 hours of research in here almost entirely worthless. Will a REAL expert please step up? Don't bother explaining how bonuses are worth more at lower limits and RB is more at high limits blah blah blah. WHO actually subtracts negative rakeback from your account and who doesn't? I DON'T want to "make sure that I get RB at every site I join" if it WILL make a difference in bad way when I only plan to play off bonuses in a particular site.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Negative Rakeback?

The negative rakeback does not affect you as player but the affiliate.

I have never heard of a player having money taken out of his/her account becuase of this.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:50 PM

Affect the affiliate how? They pay up?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:58 PM

Yes, correct me if I'm wrong affiliates (as if you need prompting to do so) but in most cases the affiliate takes the loss. For example if you pay $80 in rake and get a $100 bonus then that is -20 in rake, of which the affiliate would pay the % that he makes, say for example 30%, or $6.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:00 PM

If your rakeback account ends up negative at the end of an accounting period then i am pretty sure that they do not have to pay. It is just reduced to zero.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:12 PM

All negative rake back means is that you won't receive any rake back that month. With us, your account is reset to zero each month so negatives do not carry over.

Best Regards,

Justin
RakeBacks.com
Old 12-16-2005, 04:48 AM

I think you should sign up for rakeback and give it all to me. I'll assume any liabilities for "negative rakeback". PM me for my neteller account info.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I recently read a long thread about how this has happened to many full tilt players, where they actually gave most of a bonus back after it was subtracted from RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as they didn't pay the whole bonus back, then it was still more worth it to do the bonus. Rakeback is always better than bonuswhoring for those times when bonii are not offered.