Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Rake Back

I don't understand how rake back works.

I generally only play when I have some sort of bonus to work off. Usually, that means Party Poker during the reload bonuses, UB when I have some bonus dollars to work off, occasionally Absolute, and Pokerstars etc...

If I start a Rakeback situation, can I still get bonuses or do I forfeit all my reload bonuses in order to get rakes back?

At what point does it make more sense to do a rake back?

I am totally lost on this issue.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Rake Back

You dont lose your bonus if you get rakeback, but it is deducted from your total grosse. For example, if you generate $100 in rake and clear a $100 bonus, your rake total would be 0. It IS always worth it to have rakeback, as it never costs you anything, its simply free money. If you need more info please PM me and we can chat live.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 PM

Do I have to set up a new Poker ID etc... because some Poker sites only one account per computer.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 PM

It varies from site to site how difficult it is to create another account. Most sites don't allow you to create another account for rakeback if you are already signed up with them. There are ways around this usually. Do a search of each site you are interested in and I'm sure you'll find a thread that is helpful. It is not a good idea to create multiple accounts as this is almost always against any major sites terms and conditions and could lead to you having an account frozen.

If you are only hitting bonuses you won't earn much, if any, rakeback at most sites since your MGR will be negative or very small. Rakeback becomes more beneficial the more you play after hitting the bonuses. Rakeback is a bonus and bonuses are rakeback. In either case you get a portion of your rakeback.

Like RTR mentioned it is always a good idea to sign up for rakeback when opening a new account. It can't hurt you.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:52 PM

Some sites don't deduct bonuses from your mgr so you actually can earn both.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:34 PM

I think Absolute is one. Do you know of any others?
Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM

PokerPlex, Doyle's Room, and Celeb Poker also don't deduct bonuses from your rake.