Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are so ashamed of your heritage you can always surrender your passport to the US embassy in Thailand and apply for Thai (or any other country that wants you) citizenship.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not ashamed of his heritage, he's ashamed at how many (probably middle class) Americans live.

he's probably right.

I disagree about the part re: makeup, but he's right on re: exercise and processed food. re: the taste issue, meh, that's unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Something has to be done about the way you talk. Southern, Midwestern and Northeastern accents are very hard to handle. If a foriegner gets stuck in an airplane next to a family from Boston or Nebraska or Alabama he is likley to hijack the plane, killing himself and everyone abroad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM

the fact that it is a cliche does not make it untrue.

[ QUOTE ]
you know i mentioned morroco and spanish food!!!!!!!

And chutney!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah...

um.... LEARN TO DRIVE!!!1

[ QUOTE ]
all i can do is shake my head and thank god that you're good at poker and can afford to live abroad... because you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo
Old 12-21-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you are what is wrong with this country.

[/ QUOTE ]

because he has an opinion that challenges the status quo? Give me a break.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Say, have you ever heard of chinesse rice soup? You can eat it for breakfast. You can flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, chilli pepper and anything else you like. And hey, why not try drinking water instead of Coke, atleast early in the morning!

[/ QUOTE ]

The ironic thing is that the people KKF emulates eat that way from necessity, not desire. Give them a few years of steadily increasing incomes and access to McDonalds and Krispy Kreme and they'll be as fat and unhealthy as we are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Japanesse people are a prime example, right?

They are way too poor to eat at Mcdonalds. It is their poverty that causes them to remain to healthy and live longer then Americans.

Another example is Europeans. Infact, some Europeans enjoy a higher standard of living then Americans, and thus are even fatter and unhealthier... Oh wait....
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are so ashamed of your heritage you can always surrender your passport to the US embassy in Thailand and apply for Thai (or any other country that wants you) citizenship.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not ashamed of his heritage, he's ashamed at how many (probably middle class) Americans live.

he's probably right.

I disagree about the part re: makeup, but he's right on re: exercise and processed food. re: the taste issue, meh, that's unimportant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure.

[ QUOTE ]
Something has to be done about the way you talk. Southern, Midwestern and Northeastern accents are very hard to handle. If a foriegner gets stuck in an airplane next to a family from Boston or Nebraska or Alabama he is likley to hijack the plane, killing himself and everyone abroad.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I agree, that accent part was dumb too.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only rednecks eat ketchup and barbeque sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I put ketchup on my burger yesterday. Does this mean I have to start banging my sister?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously, it is not your fault that you use ketchup. It is all you were taught. Search the internet for a Spanish-American message board. Perhaps, establish a pen pal in Morroco. You will be surprised how many different spices and herbs and seasonings exist beyond the processed, disgusting, unhealthy, ones you find in a bottle at Walmart.

You can buy fresh spices and then cook with them. This makes your food have flavor. Then when you eat it, you can actually taste it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I've got my afternoon snack in front of me:

My Morrocan pen pal has advised me to flavor it with fresh bamboo, ginger, and chili pepper. Hopefully this will enable me to taste it.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, Japanesse people are a prime example, right?

They are way too poor to eat at Mcdonalds. It is their poverty that causes them to remain to healthy and live longer then Americans.

Another example is Europeans. Infact, some Europeans enjoy a higher standard of living then Americans, and thus are even fatter and unhealthier... Oh wait....

[/ QUOTE ]

Give them time and more access to fatty foods. For instance:

[ QUOTE ]
"In Thailand, a transitional society, the prevalence of obesity in schoolchildren has increased from 12% in 1991 to 16% in 1993." - Mo-suwan L, Junjana C, Puetpaiboon A. Increasing obesity in school children in a transitional society and the effect of the weight control program. SE Asian J Trop Med Public Health 1993;24:590–94

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just the beginning. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your time. Happy Holidays.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you are right about 99% of the things you said is irrelevant since you presented it condescendingly and everyone is attacking you for it.